Rylan's ghetto EG build

Rylan

Hey guys!

I figured I would post up my latest s**t box haha
I got this car on trade after I finally got my buddy to give in and trade me his clean ass eg for my 4 wheeler.

Car has had the 1/4s replaced 6 years ago along with the paint. So far it has held up amazing, no rust other than a little where the lisence plate lights are.
1/4s are mint, floor is spectacular and the paint is awesome other than a few rock chips and little chips from normal use.

When I got the car, it was riced out a bit. Had projector headlights, gay tail lights, haggard wheels, no suspension worth talking about and led lights through out the whole damn car. I have since then ripped all of that out and gotten rid of it.

I picked up a mint set of OEM glass headlights, Amber corner lights to clean up the front end. I also found some awesome condition OEM tail lights to install. Those clear tail lights were not cutting it for me.

I ended up selling the wheels to some other ricer kid for 500$ haha so I made a s**t load off of him. I just ordered some Drag DR16's in gold w/ polished lip to replace the gay wheels. They should be in next week :D

I also just ordered a set of Function & Form type 1 full bodied coilovers this week. Should be here with in a week or so from Weksos Industries in Cali! I think they will give me the handeling and stance im looking for.

Cleaned up the interior, added an Si cluster and painted the needles orange.... looks pretty sharp. Has integra seats and shift knob. Once the snow goes away and i can pull it out of my garage I will take some better high res photos for you all. I will update this as I go through the transformation.

Here is the car when I first got it, notice alllllll the rice tastic gear:

Here is some photos of how it sits now in the garage until my parts arrive.

One from today, after I installed my new to me tail lights:

Got my Si cluster in tonight after paiting the needles orange. Makes it look a bit better IMO

Interior shot, It's surprisingly in awesome shape. Carpet looks quite dirty in these pictures. Needs a good vaccuming and cleaning. Going tomorow to buy an EK center console since I cant find an Optional audio console for cheap for the life of me.

Here is the horrible cluster that was in it, before I put in the Si cluster! haha it's horrible

I will update this like I said when I get my new parts on so you can see what it looks like when it looks like a car again!

Let me know what you think thus far! Wheels will be here this week, and suspension the next week!

civrex

5+ Year Member
i think i seen this hatch with konig kandies photochopped on there somewhere before?? but anyway's looking good cant wait for the part's to start flowing in!

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want that steering wheel haha

Seriously I like the color and cant wait to see where this goes

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, good getting the rice out so far, subscribed!

Rylan

i think i seen this hatch with konig kandies photochopped on there somewhere before?? but anyway's looking good cant wait for the part's to start flowing in!
Yeah, I chopped the konig candys onto it to see what people thought I should do for wheels. They are back ordered, I said screw em lol Went with something else.

I want that steering wheel haha

Seriously I like the color and cant wait to see where this goes
If I upgrade to an aftermarket wheel I will give you the one on there now.

Nice, good getting the rice out so far, subscribed!
Thanks man, Gotta switch out the muffler for something not so big lol =)

emerican

Registered VIP
That cluster is pretty horrible. Glad to see another honda getting saved from rice. GLWB im tuned in for some updates on it.

Rylan

That cluster is pretty horrible. Glad to see another honda getting saved from rice. GLWB im tuned in for some updates on it.
Thanks man, once the parts arrive it should take shape. I have less that a month to get her rolling, so I can drive my car in the cruise to the first car show of the season!

Getting my wheels next week, Getting tires hopefully next week aswell. My suspension is on its way to me, as well as my amber corners, and spoon style duck bill. Trying to track down an Si lip for it.

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad to hear you got the parts coming man i got to wait a little while and save up some money then i get to go on a buying spree lol.
Just curious is it hard to get the parts shipped to you in canada?

Rylan

Its not hard, its just expensive as hell.

Weksos industries hooked me up with my suspension with free shipping which was awesome. Hard to find parts where I am at. No shops or anything like that to buy from. I was lucky, I got a huge income tax return this year thats where I got all my money for my car. Im laid off and on unemployment insurance for a while lol

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah i can image that shipping would be a b***h. My tax refund paid off the loan for my car lol. I live in a tiny town in GA there aint really no where to buy from around here either all my parts come off the internet a few things could come from summit if i drive up there, but summit isnt really the place to buy import parts.

Rylan

Yeah I order all my stuff off of the internet, Havent had an issue yet, thankfully.

We have Napa auto marts but hard to get any aftermarket import stuff there for cheap. I remember buying Skunk 2 coilover sleeps from Napa and it cost me 550 for them LOL I had no idea they're only 250 or so on the internet haha

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad to hear you havent had any problems. Damn at napa raping you on that price that s**t is crazy. The part stores here beisdes intakes and some ricer stuff they dont have anything really for imports. They will order it for you, but they mark it up like crazy, but no as much as your napa obviously lol.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where in canada are you? try teknotik and optionjdm. they are both out of ontario and would save you mad money on shipping.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks keep me updated on the steering wheel:thumbs up

And im subscribing to this just to watch the progress

Rylan

Glad to hear you havent had any problems. Damn at napa raping you on that price that s**t is crazy. The part stores here beisdes intakes and some ricer stuff they dont have anything really for imports. They will order it for you, but they mark it up like crazy, but no as much as your napa obviously lol.
Yeah it's a shame mark up is sooo high.... They do anything to make a buck.

where in canada are you? try teknotik and optionjdm. they are both out of ontario and would save you mad money on shipping.
I am in New Brunswick, I will check both of those out! I appreciate you mentioning those =)

Thanks keep me updated on the steering wheel:thumbs up

And im subscribing to this just to watch the progress
Yeah right, you subscribed to keep tabs on the wheel ;) haha yeah dude, If I can find a wheel I like and figure out how they mount lol I will send you this one.

Rylan

Haha thanks guys, not much of an update.

I finally figured out why the car was throwing a code for the MAP sensor. The previous owner had the old map sensor on the firewall plugged in instead of the one on the throttle body. I switched the connectors and reset my ECU and now the code is gone and the car is running perfect!

My new wheels are here today, my gf is just heading back from the US border with them! Very excited for my suspension to come in so I can get it on with the new wheels! Stay tuned for pics of wheels as soon as she gets home hahah