S20 transmission

fastcarapplicat

5+ Year Member
Hi guys I m new in this site,
I want to kno.. what kind of transmission I had....that good or bad....
my Trasm... said S20.... and my car is a civic 97 DX HB
i someone can help me.... that its for my new project thanks

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the s2o tranny is out of a 92-95 ex or si it usually came with the z6 motor. the sohc si del sols also had them but also came with a limited slip

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97hondamod said:
the s2o tranny is out of a 92-95 ex or si it usually came with the z6 motor. the sohc si del sols also had them but also came with a limited slip
just because its an s20 cast doesnt mean its an ex/si. s20 more or less refferes to the non steel shifter forks, and 5th gen year productions.

for the thread starter, if you want to make power and go fast. that is NOT a good tranny. your best upgrade would be an actual ex/si tranny with tighter gearing ratio's

silvertuner98

Banned
if u would like to know where to find out if u have a ex/si trans, look at the stamping on the case. if it says "p20/b000" then its a ex/si trans.

if it says "p20/a000" then u have the shitty dx/cx trans which means u have the long gears.

it is located around either the drain or fill plug, cant remember

fastcarapplicat

5+ Year Member
+thanks

silvertuner98 said:
if u would like to know where to find out if u have a ex/si trans, look at the stamping on the case. if it says "p20/b000" then its a ex/si trans.

if it says "p20/a000" then u have the shitty dx/cx trans which means u have the long gears.

it is located around either the drain or fill plug, cant remember
thank you for their advice 8)