Scanned my car and throughout; Code P0113

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
I own a Honda Civic 1998 ex coupe, automatic transmission.
Recently I scanned my car and it throughout the code P0113 which is the Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input. What does this mean? How can I fix this and does any body have instruction? Has anybody had this problem before that can help me out? Thank very much for your time.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
It means that the ECU is reading low resistance. It could mean that you have a bad IAT Sensor, a bad ECU (Probably not), or an open (short) in the positive or ground.

Get a voltmeter. Unplug the IAT from the connector and hook the voltmeter to the positive and negative of the IAT sensor. Turn the key to the ON position (DO NOT turn the engine on). And measure voltage. It should be close to 5volts.

If you get close to 5 volts - Sensor is bad.
If you get 0 volts - Short in positive or ground wire.
If you get over 5 volts - Bad resistor in ECU

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
Hey,
I'm still having problem with this code and now I have the code P0171 "system too lean (bank 1).

Can I use a GB instrument GMT-12A" as a volrmeter to test the sensor?
DO you pics to where the sensor might be and how I can go about connecting the voltmeter to the sensor to check if it is bad.

Thanks

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
Hey,
I'm still having problem with this code and now I have the code P0171 "system too lean (bank 1).

Can I use a GB instrument GMT-12A" as a volrmeter to test the sensor?
DO you pics to where the sensor might be and how I can go about connecting the voltmeter to the sensor to check if it is bad.

Thanks

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Yes, you can use the GMT-12A to test the sensor.
This is the best I could do for a pic since I don't have a D16Y8 engine.

It's the sensor with 2 wires that is plugged into the intake tract. It should be just before the throttle body.
Unplug the connector from the sensor and put the positive (red) lead to the red/yellow wire on the plug and the negative (black) lead to the green/black wire on the plug.

kakatotti

5+ Year Member
Hey,

Nothings happens when I put the GMT. No voltage, nothing. Can this be a sign that I need a new sensor?
How can a replace the sensor? What tools am I going to need? Thanks

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey,

Nothings happens when I put the GMT. No voltage, nothing. Can this be a sign that I need a new sensor?
How can a replace the sensor? What tools am I going to need? Thanks
If you're getting nothing that usually means there is a short somewhere.. typically if it were the sensor you would get some sort of voltage (probably much lower) because it's still getting power. Check the wiring to see if there are any damaged wires anywhere.