Scraping sound based on rotation when turning right.

wyclef

5+ Year Member
Hey, I've got a 2004 Honda Civic LX with under 75k on it. There is a scraping type sound when I turn right at low speeds that is coming from the front left. I thought it had to do with the hubcaps maybe but I inspected all the caps and they seem fine. It's definitely something based on rotation because you can hear it speed up and then go away when you get up to speed. I just had an inspection and nobody noticed it so I didn't bring it up. Probably will bring it up at my next oil change in a month or so just wondering what it could be and if there is something I could look for to try and fix it on my own. Thanks.

wyclef

5+ Year Member
Hey, it turns out the noise was a bent brake dust shield. The repair shop adjusted this FOR FREE, said they just bent something back a bit which improved the situation however it is still there a bit. Since they did it for free I'm wondering if this is something I might be able to do easily or if I need to bother them again?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just bend it yourself. They have work to do and giving you this service for free was excellent of them, but they need to make their money and for you to bug them again for something that is trivial is kind of wrong, unless you are a repeat customer then have at it. Next time leave them a tip or something. Their time is worth something and had a tech take time out of his day of which he gets paid by job more than likely to fix this for nothing.

wyclef

5+ Year Member
I only asked them about this because I was bringing the car in for other work which they got paid for. I never would have brought the car to them just for this. Thanks for taking the time, and for your thoughtful reply. I appreciate it.