Seafoam DYI.

Zibilich

5+ Year Member
DIY*****

Anyone have a write up or a video on how to do it on a 2000 civic si with the b16a2?

Any help would be appreciated. :cool:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have you tried reading the can? It tells you how to use it right on there lol.

But since I'm feeling generous this morning, use 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in a vacuum line (IE - brake booster) and 1/3 in the engine. If you use it in the engine, be sure to change the oil within 50 miles of driving after pouring it in. If you use it in the vacuum line, keep the car on, and slowly let the engine sip it, don't just pour it into the vacuum line because the car will stall. It helps to have someone with you to keep tapping the gas to keep the RPM's up.

After it's all poured in, go for a spirited drive. Drive easy at first for the first 5 minutes, then get on it, hit vtak, do what you please, let the stuff work. You should see mass amounts of smoke come out of the exhaust if you have a lot of build up. Oh and forewarning, the stuff MIGHT kill your O2 sensor(s). It killed mine.

97EJ6Hatch

You are part right.
You let your car sip the 1/3 into the brake booster then you shut the engine off for a good 15-20 mins
to let it sit and free valves and clean them.
start it back up then spirited driving.
it will smoke, once smoke clears your finish.

97EJ6Hatch

no smashing your car no hitting vtec.
it will kill your o2 sensor

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There are various ways people like to do it.

I didn't turn my car off at all. I went straight to driving. It killed my o2 sensor but it cleared up my idle and acceleration A LOT.

EG6 LIFE

Registered VIP
ya toasted my aem afc sensor cost me a lil bit of money be easy on it 4K rpms is all thats needed till smoke is gone

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
There are various ways people like to do it.

I didn't turn my car off at all. I went straight to driving. It killed my o2 sensor but it cleared up my idle and acceleration A LOT.
I did this, but my O2 sensor, didnt die.

I threw a code because of the massive amounts of smoke but i pullled the battery to reset it and it didnt come back.

That s**t works man

EG6 LIFE

Registered VIP
ya it sure does but i did it while spooling the turbo and all that deposits and smaoke f**king fried my sensor but ya dont get me wrong shitworks good as hell i recomend it to anyone as long as u do it threw vac. line

Zibilich

5+ Year Member
Well i did read the bottle I have used the product before just only in the gas.

My question i guess really was, where is the brake booster line?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

That big black tube that goes from the brake booster into the intake manifold is the brake booster line. You can take out the end that connects to the IM and get a small funnel and slowly pour it in. Just remember not to let the engine stall.

EG6 LIFE

Registered VIP
ya when u do it threw the lines see alot better reaction then just in the gas but did u find the b boost line then?

Zibilich

5+ Year Member

That big black tube that goes from the brake booster into the intake manifold is the brake booster line. You can take out the end that connects to the IM and get a small funnel and slowly pour it in. Just remember not to let the engine stall.
the one that goes into the back of the intake manifold? and to the round thing? sorry im engine retarded.

94cxhatch18

lscxhatch
5+ Year Member
Yes that would be the line being referred too. Top right hand corner of the picture the largest line in the photo.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you tried reading the can? It tells you how to use it right on there lol.

But since I'm feeling generous this morning, use 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in a vacuum line (IE - brake booster) and 1/3 in the engine. If you use it in the engine, be sure to change the oil within 50 miles of driving after pouring it in. If you use it in the vacuum line, keep the car on, and slowly let the engine sip it, don't just pour it into the vacuum line because the car will stall. It helps to have someone with you to keep tapping the gas to keep the RPM's up.

After it's all poured in, go for a spirited drive. Drive easy at first for the first 5 minutes, then get on it, hit vtak, do what you please, let the stuff work. You should see mass amounts of smoke come out of the exhaust if you have a lot of build up. Oh and forewarning, the stuff MIGHT kill your O2 sensor(s). It killed mine.
You are part right.
You let your car sip the 1/3 into the brake booster then you shut the engine off for a good 15-20 mins
to let it sit and free valves and clean them.
start it back up then spirited driving.
it will smoke, once smoke clears your finish.
WRONG

No where on the can does it say to drive around.. Follow the directions on the can for best results.

Zibilich

5+ Year Member
well i just attempted to do this but the tube wont come off of either end to be able to do this, how do i get the tube off?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
use pliers to open the clamp- move clamp further down the line away from end... carefully twist and pull off hose from barb- remove hose clamp

Zibilich

5+ Year Member
haha thanks!

i succesfully did it and it really helped.. i didnt put alot so it didnt smoke alot, but it idles way better im going to do it in the engine the day before i i get my oil changed.