Seafoam

Lx Civic

How do u guys fill about seafoam. I been thinking of doing this on my car for a while which has 182,xxx miles on it. Will i see a difference in the car after i do this.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
This has been covered alot. It works....its very proven. Search.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
hell yes i use it whenever i get a new vehicle it works amazing.just undo a vacuum line i use theone off the brake booster to the manifold.dump half in a bowl suck it in slowely try not to kill the car. then shut it off for about 10-15 mins then put the rest in your tank go and drive it till it stops smoking. ive gotten better gas mileage crisper throttle response and a smoother idle from this.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm about to do this to my truck but my dad being old fashioned doesn't think it needs it. I wanna do it not cause I'll be changing my plugs, wires and old soon. I'll do a full treatment and get every advantage of it.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really wanna try this out but i have heard nightmare stories (obviously from people that dont know what theyre doing) but then i heard amazing stories

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
i really wanna try this out but i have heard nightmare stories (obviously from people that dont know what theyre doing) but then i heard amazing stories
there is youtube videos for hondas and seafoam follow it and u be good to go.ive used it countless amounts of times with no problems.

Lx Civic

update

Did the seafoam today pour half into the vacuum line and half into the gas tank and got little to no smoke what does that mean

afesposi

hell yes i use it whenever i get a new vehicle it works amazing.just undo a vacuum line i use theone off the brake booster to the manifold.dump half in a bowl suck it in slowely try not to kill the car. then shut it off for about 10-15 mins then put the rest in your tank go and drive it till it stops smoking. ive gotten better gas mileage crisper throttle response and a smoother idle from this.
x2 for my older honda as well. Just make absolutely sure you only let the sea foam drip into the line like he said. You can actually lock the motor up. TOTALLY worth doing though especially at high mileage buddy

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
update

Did the seafoam today pour half into the vacuum line and half into the gas tank and got little to no smoke what does that mean

Either you don't have a lot of carbon build up(could have been done by a previous owner) or you didn't do it correctly. Probably the first.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
yea i dont think i did it right but i not going to try it again
I wouldnt worry about doing it again buddy prob not a whole lot of buildup which can be a good thing. just drive it after a few tanks go get some BG fuel additive at advance auto parts or some lucas. but i think your good to go just dont overdue it on additives. next check the plugs and change that poor old fuel filter and check your cap and rotor. she will last you forever if u take care of her

Decipher

Registered VIP
This is an interesting question in general. I've read about the immediate benefits experienced after using this stuff: better mpg, better idle, better throttle response...

On the other hand I've read about problems like valves not seating after deposits get stirred up.

Weighing the possibilities, is it worth doing this or not?

gugiey

Registered VIP
This is an interesting question in general. I've read about the immediate benefits experienced after using this stuff: better mpg, better idle, better throttle response...

On the other hand I've read about problems like valves not seating after deposits get stirred up.

Weighing the possibilities, is it worth doing this or not?
no

Trekk

Registered VIP
Most people like seafoam cause it makes all the "cooool smoke" that means it's working right? lol The advantage is it can clean higher up in the manifold then normal in the tank stuff and you can let it soak on things. Most of what, if anything that is that high up in the manifold is oil vpaors that have collected in the manifold, a good catch can will stop that from happening, but almost anything will clean it off, gas, tb cleaner ect.

That said though, normally I use TB cleaner to clean the TB and shoot a little into the manifold at the same time. The in tank stuff cleans the tank, the injectors and then sprays out atomized fuel/cleaner that fills the intake ports on the head and lands on the back of the valves, cleans them, then goes into the combustion chambers.

In the end its all the same, the major disadvantage of seafoam is, you might piss off your neighbors with the smoke, and if you are really careless you might hydrolock your motor.

I've used Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner for years, and I preach it to people like I'm a sales man for it lol.