Seat Lowering Question

jackdog1

I'm 6'5" with long legs, so whenever I'm in my car I have to have the seat all the way back, but I also have to keep the interior sunroof cover open so I have enough headroom.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation on a replacement bracket that's compatible with stock reclinable seats, but could lower it as much as possible. I'm the only one who drives the car so adjustability isn't a concern.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think you can accomplish your goal with the stock Honda seats. I say measure your seat rail height & headrest height from the mounting tab point, then start hunting for lower profiled seats in junkyards. If not, youd likely have to get really custom in modifying the stock seats to sit lower with different rails.

For example, my Honda Insight seats sit lower with a slightly higher seat pitch, thereby creating a bucket feel that slightly raises your knees while lowering your head height. I gained head clearance with this seat swap.

jackdog1

I dont think you can accomplish your goal with the stock Honda seats. I say measure your seat rail height & headrest height from the mounting tab point, then start hunting for lower profiled seats in junkyards. If not, youd likely have to get really custom in modifying the stock seats to sit lower with different rails.

For example, my Honda Insight seats sit lower with a slightly higher seat pitch, thereby creating a bucket feel that slightly raises your knees while lowering your head height. I gained head clearance with this seat swap.
Well, my knees already touch the bottom of my steering wheel, so a higher pitch wouldn't work.

So basically I'll just have to invest in an aftermarket seat if I plan on putting in a fixed lower-than-stock mount?

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your knees actually may not touch because youll be more ergonomically cradled for better optimal driving position because your legs would be straighter along with your body. I fix & improve body mechanics so this stuff is second nature to me.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been told 92-95 civic seats fit and sit way lower, I just hate the look of them.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm 6'4 I fit in my hatch PERFECTLY stock leather seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, what? What year/model? If its the 5th gen in your picture they didn't have leather stock back then neither did 6th gen. Not in the US. From what I have read, there were some dealers that were sending the seats out to be done in leather at local shops for special customers as a sublet add on, but it wasn't a factory option then.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
... If its the 5th gen in your picture they didn't have leather stock back then neither did 6th gen... ...there were some dealers that were sending the seats out to be done in leather at local shops for special customers as a sublet add on, but it wasn't a factory option then.
That's correct. Leather seats were only dealer options and not official Honda OEM options.