Series of problems with my Daughters car

Gvigl

Hello,
I'll have to explain it in steps, because their are too many issues popping up with this car.

First issue:

began with white smoke coming from radiator, I had checked all over the internet because i can't afford the mechanic. there was white gunk all up in the radiator and the antifreeze was clouded white.

everyone I talked to said to replace the waterpump, which I did and I replaced the radiator. I wanted to flush the rest of the antifreeze from the engine and check the timing because I had to take everything out just to get to it. so installed a new battery because it sat for a long while. which starts my second issue....

Second issue: (More pressing issue)

I put the car back together marking where everything went, no leftover bolts, ect, ect ...

as I hook the battery cables back to the battery, the fusible link 80A fuse blows, twice as I had bought a few just to test the wiring. I was told to unhook the Alternator and try it again, nothing happened. it seems that the issue is with the ALT?

the battery cables almost welded to the battery. It only seems to happened when I hook up the ALT..

Thank you for your time

Gabe

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would double check all the wires going to your alternator. Looks for shorts, damaged wires, etc.

Gvigl

I'll have a look today and an update on that tonight...thank you for your input. I hope it's the wiring lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
From what I've read, it's either an issue with the alternator internally, the alternator wiring, or the fuse box itself. Hopefully it's a quick and easy fix for you! If you get it resolved, please let us know!

dancam

Registered VIP
Hello,
I'll have to explain it in steps, because their are too many issues popping up with this car.

First issue:

began with white smoke coming from radiator, I had checked all over the internet because i can't afford the mechanic. there was white gunk all up in the radiator and the antifreeze was clouded white.

everyone I talked to said to replace the waterpump, which I did and I replaced the radiator. I wanted to flush the rest of the antifreeze from the engine and check the timing because I had to take everything out just to get to it. so installed a new battery because it sat for a long while. which starts my second issue....

Second issue: (More pressing issue)

I put the car back together marking where everything went, no leftover bolts, ect, ect ...

as I hook the battery cables back to the battery, the fusible link 80A fuse blows, twice as I had bought a few just to test the wiring. I was told to unhook the Alternator and try it again, nothing happened. it seems that the issue is with the ALT?

the battery cables almost welded to the battery. It only seems to happened when I hook up the ALT..

Thank you for your time

Gabe
When you say nothing happened do you mean that the fuse did not blow and the car did not start? Or did it start? Any lights come on? Stupid question but did you put the battery in backwards and have the positive and negative cable mixed up? Have to ask, sorry...
With the water pump and all that, did you use honda coolant? If you put the old style green coolant it the new water pump will leak soon, my new one lasted less than a year. Mixing honda coolant with other coolants can cause strange issues and reactions. Did you bleed the system well? The front end of the car has to be jacked way up till the muffler is almost hitting the ground on these to bleed it as air gets trapped in the heater core because they put it too high up... Air trapped there can cause head gasket failure if you dont already have that...
What year of car is this? And what trim level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was the car overheating ??? is the engine oil also cloudy and white ???