should i get this lightweight crank pulley?

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-Si-B16-UNDERDRIVE-CRANK-PULLEY-P03_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38656QQihZ015QQitemZ250284481644QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

idont think their should be anything wrong with getting this because honda motors are internally balanced. the crank pulley should not have any thing to do with the balance of the motor. what do you guys think? is any one using an ebay crank pulley?

a lot of people say that crank pulleys can ruin your motor but i have not seen one case of a moror being ruined by a crank pulley.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would go with the ctr but i want to have a/c and power steering.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why do you need to change out the cp? go with an ek9 pulley if you must change it out

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont need to change it, i just want to get an after market crank pulley because i heard that it makes a big differnce in performance.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd keep that s**t stock, the con's out weigh the pro's imo, and i doubt you'd even notice any difference

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you will gain more power if you take out power steering and A/C. But if you read some of those links i sent in the beginning, some of the guys on there go into great detail about how important crank pulleys are and what to buy and what not to buy. It can go either way with some people.

here, check out this link...12.8:1 LS/Vtec guy seems to know his stuff...
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=140686&highlight=ctr+crank+pulley

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he says the "NVD" layer absorbs the vibrations to the crank shaft but even if you do have that you will still have vibrations. they will always be their.

how do you know the oil pumps went bad or the motors went bad because of the crank pulley?

what if i get an after market one and get it balanced from a machine shop?

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could get it balanced i would stick with either OEM or genuine honda parts

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
I have an Unorthodox crank, power steering, and alternator pulleys....and i can notice one hell of a difference...get Unorthodox pulley/s...you'll be happy