Si pinstripe?

UH AzN

5+ Year Member
well i didn't know that em1's came with pinstripes until i bought mine and it had one on it =.=''

anyways my friend and i spent about two and a half hours taking that s**t off. used a blow dryer, our nails and rubbing alcohol. what you guys think?

before

after

ps my nails are f**ked haha

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks like a totally differnt car, f**k some pinstripes

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good job, so worth it.

AllanR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it just me or does the paint look a little different colour where the strip was?

Either way, looks much better.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Si didn't come with pinstripes from the factory. Nor did any other '96-'00 USDM Civic.

The sticker pinstripes were added at the dealership. The painted on ones, though less common than the stickers, also were put on at the dealership.

All the sticker ones put on by dealerships that I've seen end in an point and before the end of the car or the beginning of the headlight. I think this one might have been added after purchase by another owner.

I have the painted on one (black on a red coupe) and I love it. I can't remember having seen a sticker that looked good, but they don't fair well with age either.

As far as the paint being a different color where that sticker was, I believe what you see in his photo is the accent bend along the side of the car. It's more noticeable from certain angles and if you're looking there.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh s**t look.......it changed your wheels too!!! damn you guys are bad ass!! HAHAHA I totally dig your car with NO pinstripe. Good work dude

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's the first thing I did to my 99ex. I was still rolling hubcaps but I got rid of those f**king pinstripes.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Civics never came with pin stripes. Pin stripes are f**king gay! Your car looks 100000x better now!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, my EJ had painted on stripe, at least it was black w/a honda emblem near the door handle, not nearly as noticable as yours, nicely done

UH AzN

5+ Year Member
thanks guys. i actually think im going to get some not-so-beefy tires for those rotas