Si stocks don't fit?

Bryan_23

A few people have told me that si stocks don't fit on my car and I drive a 98 civic ex. If so what's the reason they don't fit.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Which SI wheels are you talking about?

The 99-00 SI will fit your 98 Civic.

02-05 Si will also fit as they are the same 4x100 pattern.

However any of the newer 5 lug obviously will not.

Bryan_23

Which SI wheels are you talking about?

The 99-00 SI will fit your 98 Civic.

02-05 Si will also fit as they are the same 4x100 pattern.

However any of the newer 5 lug obviously will not.
Yeah I meant the 99-00 si stocks, I was confused because I know there 4 lug but they told me they didn't fit because something with the rear brakes

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They fit just fine I know someone with a 96-98 ex running em1 wheels. The 96-2000 hx wheels do not fit an ex (maybe that's what they were talking about)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They fit just fine I know someone with a 96-98 ex running em1 wheels. The 96-2000 hx wheels do not fit an ex (maybe that's what they were talking about)
Yes. '99-'00 SI rims fit any 6th gen. Civic. However, HX rims will not fit any 6th gen. EX or SI because of their larger brake calipers. There is plenty of proof of this all over the web, including me as I had SI rims on my HX. For what its worth, HX rims can only fit an SI or EX if you slightly shave down part of the caliper.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
HX rims can only fit an SI or EX if you slightly shave down part of the caliper.
This is a VERY true statement. Given its an ultra rare occurrence I have seen foreign objects get jammed between brake calipers and the wheels. It's ugly and can result in some pretty pricey repairs. Notably replacing a wheel, caliper and brake pads.

Had a lady come into the shop one day with a rock jammed in between the caliper and wheel and it's damn near cut the aluminum wheel in half.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. I would personally never shave down a caliper for the sake of rim fitting. I dont like the idea of potentially weakening my stopping ability. I would use a spacer first.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Wow. I would personally never shave down a caliper for the sake of rim fitting. I dont like the idea of potentially weakening my stopping ability. I would use a spacer first.
That was one of the times I wish I brought a camera to work. But that as back when flip phones were the rage and the cameras were s**t anyways. Essentially internet on the phone wasn't even conceived yet.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah, the good ol' days.