Skunk2 manifold install: 97 HX

Anthony9920

I was looking to upgrade my intake manifold and throttle body but I am unsure on the manifold. I want to do the skunk2 D-series pro series intake manifold but is it as simple as removing my stock intake manifold and throttle body and just replacing it with my new skunk2 manifold and throttle body? Plz help!!! On my 1997 Honda Civic Hx coupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A quick search yields that others have experience struggles when installing this into other d-series engines, so consider looking through those threads.

I hope you're aware that such "upgrades" likely wont do much, if anything at all, on a manual HX engine that is entirely designed for maximum fuel economy. If fuel economy is to be ignored, then an EX tranny swap is the first thing you should consider for added performance out of this HX.

Ep3po

Respected
If you purchased this car this car for the purpose of building it you bought the wrong car. The HX is specifically built for efficiency not speed!!!! The stock transmission is not geared for it.its a 40 mpg commuter car nothing more. If this is your intention than you would be much better off selling it staring with another platform.