Skunk2 race header. secondary o2 sensor woes......

lafinpnoy18

5+ Year Member
So heres the deal. Im about to buy the skunk2 race header and as we all know, race headers completely eliminate the use for a catalytic-converter. my questions to you guys is this; since i wont be running a CAT anymore, what would be the best approach to deal with the secondary o2 sensor. Would welding a bung onto my new race header be the right thing to do? or is there a way were i can totally eliminate the secondary o2 sensor completely? if anyone has knows any good info or links as to how to do this, any help would be much appreciated. thanks guys

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It SHOULD have a bung already on the header for your 2nd o2 sensor. Just do the non-fouler trick, and your set. I had that setup on my sedan for almost 5 years, and not a single issue or CEL light from it. Do a quick search for it here on ClubCivic, and it'll come up.

JDM_BTCH

.Eat.Sleep.JDM.
Why would header eliminate the need for a cat? There are aftermarket headers on my car and still a cat as well. I also just bought Megan Racing 4-1 headers and still got a cat for it. I've never heard of this before.