Skylar's '04 EP3: Slow Build

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Sooooooooo……. I FINALLY GOT AN EP3!!!!!!!!!! If you ever stumbled upon my EK build you would know I wanted to eventually get an EP3 or a RSX Type S. Well, I wrecked the Ek and it was time for a new car and I found this lovely EP3!

Engine Mods:
  • K&N Typhoon Ram Air Intake
  • Gold Spoon Oil Cap :lol:
  • Unknown Aftermarket Exhuast
Interior Mods:
  • Red Aftermarket Shift Knob
  • Black with Red Stitching Shift Boot
Exterior Mods:
  • All Stock A.T.M.
Suspension Mods:
  • At this present time I don't know what it is sitting on, but it is lowered at least 2".
  • Front and rear strut bars. Unknown make.
I.C.E:
  • I believe it is a Sony H.U.
  • Unknown speakers
  • Already wired for a sub
*All mods at this point are the ones that came pre-installed on the car. That is why some are unknown.*

Future Plans:
-HideAPlate Front Plate Bracket
-OEM Shift Boot
-Gold ICB Shift Knob
-StopTech Sports Brake Kit
-25% Window Tint
-Hondata Intake Gasket
-Interior Light Kit
-LED Lights for Interior and Rear
-Type R Parts
-K-Pro
-Maybe a CTR or RSX Type S engine swap (Long down the road).
*These all are not immediate parts. There may be other parts not listed that I will pick up over time, but these are the major parts I plan to pick up at this time.*​

So far with the car there are two things wrong. The rear passenger rotor and brake are grinding due to it sitting with the e-brake on and rusting occurring and the title says the car has 173,000 miles on it when the speedometer only displays 99,000. I believe this is a typo, because there is no way this car has 179,000 miles on it. It handles and drives like a dream, other then the whole rotor/brake thing, and if this truly has 179,000 miles this person certainly babied this thing.

Also want to give a shout out to CHILD! I love his Ek build and it has inspired me to be more passionate about my car/build and has given me a lot of amazing ideas what to do with my K-Series. If you haven't checked out his build check it out by clicking here.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TThanks for the shout! The car looks good. Should be a fun project. I'd add a bunch of the ctr parts in your future list because are far more reasonably priced than the older and newer generations.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
TThanks for the shout! The car looks good. Should be a fun project. I'd add a bunch of the ctr parts in your future list because are far more reasonably priced than the older and newer generations.
Well Type R Parts is in there. I just didn't feel like listing all of them. I noticed the prices of parts I found on eBay compared to like PasswordJDM and ICB and was amazed at how cheaper they are on there. I really plan to get the Mugen grill and front lip, CTR Skirts, CTR back bumper, CTR back lip, and Mugen twin loop exhaust.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Update: I found out the car has 179k miles not the 99k the odometer says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
This coming weekend I am getting my rear rotor and brake pads replaced and this is what has built up on my passenger rear rim. Both rear rotors are warped and rusting from sitting in a car lot with the emergency brake on for so long. Dust from the rust has went on the rim and I've been working on getting it back off.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Anyone have tips to get this off? I am using Black Magic no scrub Wheel Cleaner and it's slowly coming off, but any tips would be appreciated.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Simple Green maybe?

I ordered Car Pro IronX. After some research I found it is what detailers use to remove rust and I decided to see how it works. It's got a formula that turned iron deposits (rust) water soluble. I am hoping this works.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
What I got done today…..

So, yesterday an OEM EP3 shift boot came in the mail so that I could replace my cheap one that came when I bought the car. It doesn't look amazing, but I like it a lot better then other one.

It was also time for my rear brake rotors and brake pads to get replaced after being on hold for a couple weeks. I got tired of all the grinding and the rust that was being put on my rims and side of my car.

While my friend worked on my rotors and brakes I had the task of cleaning my rim. After applying loads of IronX and scrubbing with steel wool and a plastic scrapper I wasn't able to get it all off. After the hours of applying elbow grease there is still rust caked onto my rim! :( I'm thinking I am going to have to get them sand blasted or something!

Also got my hide-a-plate front plate bracket put on.

Oh wait, where'd it go?!?!?!

All in all, today was a good day. Even tho we had some difficulties we ran into. The good thing now that my brakes and rotors are replaced is I can spend money on other things now!

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Came home to some parts that came in the mail. Nothing major just missing parts that were annoying me. Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390887615.429186.jpg

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^that's the way to build a good car though.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
^^^that's the way to build a good car though.

I'm trying. Lol but I almost had a conniption when I saw all the stuff that had rust on it under the car when the brakes got fixed. I hate Ohio and road salt! -_-

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome!. i've always liked the Ep3 Civic :thumbup:

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
awesome!. i've always liked the Ep3 Civic :thumbup:

I love my ep3! It's really my favorite Si followed by the 99-00 one and then the 06-11 one. I really don't see myself ever selling this, even tho I eventually probably will lol

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
That bronze was brake dust? Holy s**t, it was beautiful! You should try and match the rims EXACTLY to that color. :XD

I know I liked it! Lol I haven't done anything to my car recently I saved up for a vacation, but most of the break dust is gone lol I curbed that rim tho lol