Sleeving a block

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bet some people on here would love to tell me how one goes about sleeving a block and how much it costs at a machine shop. What exactly it is and does. I tried googling but came up short :cry:

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your going about doing this, you are really gonna wanna rebuild your whole bottom end at the same time.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have no idea wut it is, how u do it, wut it does!

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when you sleeve your block you bore it out and it makes the piston walls alot stronger. if your plannin on high boost, this is a must

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you go to a machine shop, take them sleeves, they bore,hone,resurface, a few misc things, and press the sleeves in.i was quoted an estimate of 500-600 for labor plus the cost of sleeves on my h series.this is something you want to research about shops in your area, it MUST be done perfect, and most shops dont.ask around and dont cheap out on it. new sleeves are stronger than your stock sleeves and can handle more power without cracking and such.if your building your bottom end with bigger pistons, this is a must.in total look to spend around 1g.

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your doing this to your d, you can get the sleeves for $300 or a few bucks less

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but you dont just want sleeves put in, your displacement would be less, you want it bored out 1st, then you sleeve it, that will cost way more than 300

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ didnt you read my post that said "you go to a machine shop, take them sleeves, THEY BORE ,hone,resurface, a few misc things" ?

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h23vtecturbohatch said:
^^ didnt you read my post that said "you go to a machine shop, take them sleeves, THEY BORE ,hone,resurface, a few misc things" ?
i did but the guy after you said the sleeves would simply cost 300 i was saying that would be pointless basically

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good question, wish it wasnt so....i'm not sure if your asking to turbo your y8, but if you are....you dont need to incase you didnt know....

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much psi could you run before you would need to bore and sleeve?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personally would go more than 5, 7 at the most.

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
deez said:
i did but the guy after you said the sleeves would simply cost 300 i was saying that would be pointless basically
i was talkin about just the sleeves itself nothing else. of course all the other work is going to cost a lot more.

dude, FhCRubarb if you are interested to learn more post on the local xceed board. i'm sure those guys will help ya with what ya need to know.

Dane K20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sleeving

98_4door said:
i was talkin about just the sleeves itself nothing else. of course all the other work is going to cost a lot more.

dude, FhCRubarb if you are interested to learn more post on the local xceed board. i'm sure those guys will help ya with what ya need to know.
I just did my K20A2 Block, sent it to California to Golden Eagle by the time I paid shipping just the sleeves were 1400.00. 600 for the sleeves, 650 labor and 150 shipping.
Here's a picture when I got it back. Supposed to hold 45 psi.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h23vtecturbohatch said:
i personally would go more than 5, 7 at the most.
whoa i def meant WOULDNT not would.....my bad

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dane K20 said:
I just did my K20A2 Block, sent it to California to Golden Eagle by the time I paid shipping just the sleeves were 1400.00. 600 for the sleeves, 650 labor and 150 shipping.
Here's a picture when I got it back. Supposed to hold 45 psi.

what kind of pistons did you go with?