Slow 92 CX Build

Locruid

Howdy Everyone,

Car is running great. We switched to the stupid Ethanol crap so my Mileage dropped to 36-37 for now. Learning how the car handle sin the rain too. This thing is wicked fun to drive with that cam in it. it's like a whole different world, seriously. Last week, after I broke in the clutch, I really stood on the car to check it. Left a 74.2" skid mark shifting into 2nd at 42 mph lol. yes I went and measured it =) Today in the rain, I wanted to make the light after turning out of a driveway. lit it up and my right tire spun all the way up to 6k then I hit 2nd and spun the tire across the intersection and was still spinning when I let off. I REALLY love driving this thing. Decided not gonna go the Z6 route. Storing the head in the shop. Gonna upgrade the rods in the block though before I add the Turbo.

Can't wait to drop the turbo in :D Haven't done much. Gonna do a clutch change on a friend's 93. They asked how much. Her Husband works at a local Auto Wrecking and he gets a discount so told them I'd do the job for a SI/EX cluster 100% working and a Tilt steering column. But unfortunately, I tore my tendon in my right knee and Dr's orders no work for 3 weeks cept for my driving part of my job.

Last edited:

Locruid

Hi everyone,

Nothing to report. Developed a windshield leak. Raced a 99 Civic EX with full bolt ons and I slowly crept on him. He pulled over to see what I had and couldn't believe it was a D15B7. Told him look up the Beast Build lol. Otherwise, ole girl has officially been going a year now after the rebuild and everything running smooth as silk.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
The Y7 my friend is giving me is a D16Y8 head already. It was his first rebuild and he didn't set the rings properly and it dropped #3. Whether I pull one or use his I plan on rebuilding in either case so I know it's done right AND it would be a fresh motor. His is free which is already a plus in my book.

Yea I plan on getting the Dash with the tach at some point. Just for now until I get back to work, this will have to do =) I dont think it's THAT bad lol. Heres a pic from my viewpoint:

But I'd still rather have the proper Gauge Cluster with a tach

My wife's favorite color is blue. Been married 18 years and as long as she's happy....I'm happy :D

Thanks for the Response![/QUOTE
if you got some extra cash aside you can ball out and put s2000 digital cluster in i have one in my civic, not a 5th gen tho)

Locruid

We actually doing that on my friends 2000 civic. We got a 2001 Cluster. Waiting for a couple extras to come in then I got nominated to figure out the wiring.....

I'm leaning towards a GSR cluster with blue indigo

Locruid

How do my friends.

Got an EX cluster so now I have a "stock" tachometer :D. Have a Twin Loop muffler coming in. Got to realizing my 4.5" fart can is just too damn loud our I'm getting too damn old. Plus I don't like the look of the Fart can on it. At least the Twin Loop will tuck up underneath. Otherwise ole girl is running fantastic. Ran against a 2000 EX and managed to pull on him with my Beast7 build. Then ran into a built Accord where we started at 60 mph. He pulled a half car length upon me from 60 to 90 pull was really starting to pull strong. gave each other a thumbs up and went our separate ways lol. Raced my friends 90 Civic with minime. It was quite the race. He has the weight advantage but I had the gearing. We were pretty even with slight back and forth depending on the power band. This was both from a roll and from a stop.

Anywho back to the grind

Locruid

So Thursday my new tach started going nuts. And seemed I lost a bit o power. Did a bit of research and determined my Ignitor might be the culprit. I happened ot have a spare Distributor at the house. Swapped it out and everything is perfect now.

Spend this am putting on my new $200 Front Brakes:

Old:

New:

New project swap to Rear Disc

Locruid

$300 later:

It had crappy Ebay 4.5" fart can with 2.5" crappy exhaust

All new 2.5" pipe from header back. Twin Loop muffler

Locruid

Decisions Decisions....

So my buddy has a 95 Coupe EX. Motor is shot. He's willing to trade me across for my car. We'd swap out my motor/trans/wheels/stereo/etc/etc/etc/etc. I like the idea of having power everything and some AC along with a sunroof and cruise but I'm not sure I want to ditch my light hatchback lol. Body is in great shape and I can swap over my headlights (I LOVE my headlights they work GREAT in the dark) and the interior is in pretty good shape too.

So decision time for me. I know I just got $300 worth of exhaust done but as I'm getting up in age the idea of "comforts" is appealing to me lol

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Decisions Decisions....

So my buddy has a 95 Coupe EX. Motor is shot. He's willing to trade me across for my car. We'd swap out my motor/trans/wheels/stereo/etc/etc/etc/etc. I like the idea of having power everything and some AC along with a sunroof and cruise but I'm not sure I want to ditch my light hatchback lol. Body is in great shape and I can swap over my headlights (I LOVE my headlights they work GREAT in the dark) and the interior is in pretty good shape too.

So decision time for me. I know I just got $300 worth of exhaust done but as I'm getting up in age the idea of "comforts" is appealing to me lol
Too much work IMO. Switching everything over would take a long time, plus i personally don't like EG coupes, EG hatches are the way to go.

Locruid

So I was wrong it is a 98 Civic EX. Everything works and is a clean title. I've got a couple months to think about it lol. Running the figures I'll be anywhere from 1/2 to a full second slower but I'd have comforts......

I'll be doing some heavy thinking.

Locruid

Well it's with a heavy heart I am writing my final post on this project. I've decided to swap to the 98 Civic. It's much more comfortable for me and it's in fantastic shape.

Going to transfer my Engine/Powertrain, Stereo Equipment, Brakes, Wheels/Tires and anything else I can. I'll start a new Project under the 6th Gen. This girl was a great car and still is, but as I get older I'm missing all the comforts lol. And with my Stereo box taking up the entire back, I just don't have room for emergencies wheres the coupe I'll have plenty of space. My friend is going to have the same exhaust put on that I just had done on my HB.

Thank You everyone for following along and I'll post the new project link when I can but the 92 will officially be out of my driveway on Sunday once we get done.