Slushing noise from gas tank

VJP

I recently bought a 2015 Honda Civic and keep hearing a slushing noise from the gas tank. I took it in twice to the firm (once at San F'do and once POS) and the technicians there said that that is a problem with this model. What the hell is that, you buy a 200k vehicle to hear an irritating sound each time

dancam

Registered VIP
You paid $200,000 for a civic or it has 200,000 miles on a 2015? Either way you got ripped off. When you go to the gas station do you fill it up with 89 octane or from the slushie machine?
[emoji3] lol, i have no idea what it could be. When do you hear it? You could ask homda to weld baffles in the tank =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You paid $200,000 for a civic or it has 200,000 miles on a 2015? Either way you got ripped off. When you go to the gas station do you fill it up with 89 octane or from the slushie machine?
[emoji3] lol, i have no idea what it could be. When do you hear it? You could ask homda to weld baffles in the tank =)

200k Trinidad dollars is like $30k USD. I'm guessing importing new cars onto an island isn't very cheap.

@VJP Sounds like a common issue though. When you brought it into the technicians, did they recommend some sort of fix?

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/fuel-mpg-discussion/2810-sloshing-fuel.html

Maybe you just need to turn your music up a bit :lol: I wish I could help you more!

VJP

@XpL0d3r.... No the technicians didn't recommend anything , they only said they didn't know how it get the noise to stop, But my car is only 3 months old and I have owned a lot more cars and have never heard this or about this (both old and brand new ones)

Turning the music up is not an option, I get so irritated with the noise even with louder music I can still hear it.

VJP

Dancam...yep its tt dollars. The noise is heard each time you slow down and pull off...especially in traffic.

dancam

Registered VIP
Dancam...yep its tt dollars. The noise is heard each time you slow down and pull off...especially in traffic.
I apologize for not checking where your location was. It does seem to be common, i am not sure why as i have driven older economy hatchbacks with the rear seats and interior trim removed and never heard it on them. There are a couple things you could do to fix or lessen this. Is it something you want the dealer to pay for to fix or are you willing to pay for fixes yourself? This generation has been around for a little bit so i doubt there will be a recall.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Check and see if there are any TSB's on this issue. Im also guessing the repair place you brought it to is a Honda dealer?