Small twin turbo or big boy top end?

Theshwartz

So before I really get into tearing everything down, while I'm waiting on my carton sleeves to get here today or tomorrow I'm trying to decide just which route I wanna go with this build. I can't decide whether I want to go 2 smaller turbos or 1 big one. I know that the bigger I go the further down,the line I move my power right? So if I go twin smaller turbos will it help top end at all or is that really just gonna make me not able to stop from roasting my tires off the wheels eerywhere I go? I want to keep a good,bit of low end torque but if I wanna open it up on the interstate I still want to be sucked back into the seat like my wife's built legacy gt with a blouch 3.0xt-r. Problem is, it's a turd until about 4k. Had there ever been a dual turbo setup with 2 different sized turbos? Doubtful but, something small to keep my low end torque plus a big boy like a precision gen2 pt6870 would be awesome. I should add that I'm going to run e85 on a sleeved b18c with a mildly cammed b16 head with a low-mid compression piston to try and,keep some bottom end

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You could go with a proper twin scroll larger turbo, or a small turbo and large turbo, or a supercharger and a turbo. I have seen a few twin charged d16 civics with a jrsc and a larger turbo which seems like a nice setup but you have to figure out how to bypass the supercharger when the turbo spools up so it doesn't limit the top end (seems much easier just to feed a smaller turbo into a larger turbo)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
A properly sized turbo for your goals is usually the way to go. If your goal is to keep up with your wife's LGT, then we need to know what is done to it.