So hey i'm 21 and my father owns a 96 civic and his selling it for only 30k php

eugee

Hi guys just wanted to ask you guys if its worth it for my age at least to buy my dad's civic 96 for around 30k php it would be 450$ with the current exchange rate today.

it's well maintained i should know cause i help him fix it. the only down side is the roof and the rear fender on the driver side.

i don't know if you guys have the same problem as the civic's imported to our country but here the civic's has a nasty roof problems they almost always tend to corrode. we tried fixing it thrice already. and the the rear fender has a gaping tear from a recent accident the owner of the car before had.

so would it be worth it to buy the car? his only asking me 450$ for it so that we can pay the repair bills for it. so basically his just telling me to get the car repaired and its basically mine.

could you guys help me decide? any input would be great.

from a 21yr old Kid from the PH

eugee

thanks i'll post some pics when i get home from my internship.

thank you guys for replying thanks

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$450 is a decent price over here. Probably wouldn't even find a running car for that much here. Or if it it would need a LOT of work.

Like dumb and dumber :lol: mentioned, post up some pics! I'm going to move this to the What's it Worth section also :thumbs up

Genyc07

I'd love to see the interior and gauges. If it runs well I don't see a reason not to buy it if only to keep the money in the family... Just my opinion. Stay intouch.

eugee

yeah it still runs great.

i like to keep it in the family to cause i'm attached to it now

eugee

engine wise i think we've maintained it pretty well. we just can't get the body work fixed we always ended up doing all the work. my dad can work wonders with the engine but with that rusty damn roof we just can't get the rust out of it for more than 1 year

Genyc07

Roofs ore overrated if I lived in the Philippines I think I'd drive topless all the time. If it gets toooo bad cut off the roof and the top of the doors. I'd leave the windshield to keep the bugs out of your teeth tho. ;)

Post pics!

eugee

yeah i'll post the pics on saturday at the latest our car is not in our garage right now.

@Genyc yeah really can't do that here. pollution and thieves and all =)) so no..

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can always get a roof from a junkyard if you have them and get someone to weld it on.

eugee

@Osiris yeah but that would cost much more is it not? i'm still just a student. and my dad said that the 450$ that he wanted me to pay was for me to give the car a body repair.

@fabricgator what is a boat canvass? is like a vinyl top? like the one's that bmw z3's have?.
anyway i want the car to look different while still keeping it pretty plane.

anyway really sorry about the pics that i still haven't posted! i will be posting it as soon as i can

eugee

hi guys i'll be posting them pics later after my shift on my internship.

the car's finally back in the garage =)