So i am thinking about what deck to put in my car...

93-PHX-EG

Work In Progress
5+ Year Member
so i want to put in a single din dvd player... but i dont want a flip out, i want one with a screen on the front and a detachable face plate so people wont b able 2 see it and hopefully wont break into my car 2 steal it... lol... but i have a few things i am looking at...

I want 1 with a decent sized screen too... at least 3.5 inches or more... the 1st one is a 4.3 inch screen and that is the one i am looking at... i was just trying to see if anyone has had any experience wih any of those decks...

Thanks

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Circuit City has one by JVC I think...I actually like it...IMO those you mentioned look like crap...

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: go with a trustable name brand. always remember, with MOST things, you get what you paid for.

ryanM

jvc has a couple nice ones with small 2.7" screens on the faceplate...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why dont you just get an alpine flip out screen

93-PHX-EG

Work In Progress
5+ Year Member
i was goin g to get a flip out... but i had one and it did get stolen... that is y i dont want another 1... i would get a 2din one but you cant take those screens off eather and i dont have the space for it... unless i take out the climate control... but i sort of need that... lol... but i was thinking about waiting and getting the 2din center console but idk about that... and idk how hard/expensive it is for those consoles or even where to get 1...

93-PHX-EG

Work In Progress
5+ Year Member
and i know i get what i pay for... but ive tested out some of the cheaper stuff and liked it... i have friends with the jvc verson and i like it... but the screen is too small to be of any use really... that is y i was going to get the 1st one... and it has all the features i want like amp outputs and a good equalizer and a detachable face plate and it has the biggest screen that i have found... and it costs about the same as a normal deck ~200$ and i did find one with a 5inch touch screen that was pretty sick but it was almost 400$ and i dont want to spend that much right now for a deck... and that is the other reason i dont want a flip out... the cheapest flip out i have found is like 600-700$ and i need a alarm too when i start working on putting a system in my car i alredy have a fuel cut off that i am building myself i just havnt got all the parts yet and i am going to build a battery cut off too but i am going to need a one that has lights and sound too... so what do you guys recomend?? what do you have?? likes/dis-likes??

thanks for the help

v-tecvillan428

5+ Year Member
so i want to put in a single din dvd player... but i dont want a flip out, i want one with a screen on the front and a detachable face plate so people wont b able 2 see it and hopefully wont break into my car 2 steal it... lol... but i have a few things i am looking at...

I want 1 with a decent sized screen too... at least 3.5 inches or more... the 1st one is a 4.3 inch screen and that is the one i am looking at... i was just trying to see if anyone has had any experience wih any of those decks...

Thanks

no,no,no,no,no,no and NO you couldnt make a bigger mistake than buying a screen that takes the company $40.00 to manutactuer. they are pieces of s**t! im telling you from aot of experience

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those are some of the fugliest decks I have ever seen

flip up screens have detachable faces

JVC has a bouble din navi ubit with a complete detachable face

JVC has built in bluetooth and a built in 5.1 processor

other than god awful top stereo the other two have the same screen size as a JVC

you do get what you pay for