so i painted my brakes...

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i painted my brake calipers and rear drums yesterday, and before you say anything, no, they're not red or yellow or anything like that...

i opted to go for a straight, clean black. im pretty happy with the results, i just wish i could have sanded more of the rust off the rear drums, but that s**t was really stubborn... i got as much of it off as i could without dying of heat exhaustion.

anyway, here's some pics.

and some pics of the whole car, but you cant even really tell that the brakes are black... the wheel wells were too dark to see any brake highlights in these pics... oh well

let me know what you guys think... i think they came out pretty well, im satisfied. now my brakes arent rust colored anymore...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it turned out pretty good. Why does everyone hate on red calipers though. I don't have them but I never thought they looked that bad though either.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like it, it looks good, especially on the calipers

Mami2fAst4u

ur supposed to be smiling
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
came out great .... nice job!

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice man.. looks good..

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FerioSpeed said:
I think it turned out pretty good. Why does everyone hate on red calipers though. I don't have them but I never thought they looked that bad though either.
im not a big fan of red or yellow calipers just because... and especially on my car, neither color would look good... white with bronze rims and red or yellow brakes? nah, wouldnt work at all...

thanks for the comments, i like the turnout as well...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
red calipers are only good for aftermarket brakes, if you paint your stock calipers red, whats the point? whats so special about stock calipers. IMO you should've done your headlights, would've been alot more noticeable

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99GSRHatch said:
red calipers are only good for aftermarket brakes, if you paint your stock calipers red, whats the point? whats so special about stock calipers. IMO you should've done your headlights, would've been alot more noticeable
i might do headlights sometime this summer, havent decided yet for sure...

the rims are 16x7 rota circuit 8s, and the tires are 205/45/16 falken ziex ze-512.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mynameisbob28 said:

the rims are 16x7 rota circuit 8s, and the tires are 205/45/16 falken ziex ze-512.
i think diy headlights would look great on your car, i didnt think i would like them on mine but it turns out nice if you take your time, and its a cheap mod :D

ryanM

mynameisbob28 said:

thanx bro, that gives it a good stance. i plan to buy some bronze c10s and i coulndt decide on 17s or 16 but i think i just made my decision =)

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Silver-Shooter said:
looks good what kind of paint did you use?
i used duplicolor high heat with ceramic, 1200 degrees. just plain black...

i think 17s look a little bit too big on most civics, thats why i went with 16s. and i like the stance, when combined with my tein s-tech springs, its a good setup...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FerioSpeed said:

its not that people hate on "Red" caliper.... when i see a Porshe out on the street, i lookk at the whole car up and down. and i look at the brakes.. one of the first things that catches my attention is the big ass red, or any other color, calipers.. then i say to myself, "god, i wish those were on my car" ... i can make mine look like em by painting them red, but are they really the same brakes that are on the porshe??no. will they ever be? no. anywho.. the haters dont like people painting they're calipers red because they think that whoever paints their calipers red are just possing as something... there are times when you can affor the real thing. so you decided to just paint your stock ones, just so they can look nice. rich corporate kids then start hating on you because you cant afford the real thing... well, yea. thats what i think people hate on red painted calipers.

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha i found a pic of when i first got the rims and put them on for a test fit to check out the look... check out the rusty calipers. ewww...