So it's been a while.. BUT

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya know my friends and I always find it funny how we end up in the cars that we do later on. Some are die hard Honda peeps and others just want a change of scenery every now and then. After I had sold my Civic Si I went on yo own a 1997 Volvo 850 and then went on to buying a 1998 Eclipse GST (mistake 1) That car got repo'd and I had to buy a new car all over again so I went to by a 1999 Sunfire (I know, i know but i was cheap and reliable at the time) I sold that car cuz i was sick of the slowness and bought a 1999 Volvo S70 GLT I blew the head gasket up in that BS and got stiffed so I sold it for whatever i could get for it and ended up getting an 03 Escape XLT. I loved this SUV it was a blast to take off road (sometimes) but I couldn't take it EVERYWHERE and It got me in more trouble than my turbo civic ever did piss poor MPG's to boot... So I traded that and ended up with my current gem... wait for it.... wait for it.....

my 2000 Cougar with an 06 3.0L duratec swapped and turbo'd ( I call her Tugar)
Day 1 back in march

and now... (been tough finding work and trying to pay bills at the same time makes it alittle difficult to build up and modify :lol:)

Specs..
-2006 ford taurus engnie swap
-xcal3
-Analog Input Cable
-AEM wideband A/F gauge
-oil pressure gauge
-volt gauge
-boost gauge
-NP fuel rail mod
-walbro 255 fuel pump swap
-stage 3+ racing clutch
-42lbs Precision injectors
-90mm maf
-46mm Precision wastegate
-Synapse Synchronic Blow Off Valve
-60-3 masterpower turbo
-msd header with v-bands going to the y pipe
-custom y-pipe 2.25in pipe form manifolds into a 2.5in to the turbo
-custom 3in down pipe with 2x 70 degrees bends not the hard 90degree bends
- y-pipe and down pipe are heat wraped
- all exhaust clamps are v-band
-custom full 3in racing exhaust all the way out
-2.25in fmic pipe
-1000cfm 12x36x3in fmic

Numbers: was told at 15 psi it should be between 370-400whp no proof on that yet but on 13psi i've reeled in 2 decenlty modded LS1's (I/H/E/tuned on both 1 with a buillt stage 2 trans) a couple of WRX's (1 was on 20psi...o_O) Haven't had the pleasure to race any Evo's yet.. I try not to race becuase i want this car to last.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good sleeper car, no one would expect a f**king cougar to smoke them,

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude that's sick bro.

I actually have a buddy and were about to rebuild the engine in his 02 cougar (he drove it like a racecar and the tensioner broke also it was a gift from his grandfather who, from what we can tell, never changed the oil for about the 60k miles he owned it lol) and it would be awesome if u had any tips. He doesn't have a lot of cash so were planning on rebuilding it with SVT contour parts.

I'm tuned in for updates.

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude that's sick bro.

I actually have a buddy and were about to rebuild the engine in his 02 cougar (he drove it like a racecar and the tensioner broke also it was a gift from his grandfather who, from what we can tell, never changed the oil for about the 60k miles he owned it lol) and it would be awesome if u had any tips. He doesn't have a lot of cash so were planning on rebuilding it with SVT contour parts.

I'm tuned in for updates.
yeah the SVT's 3L is good basis to start with. lower and upper intake manifolds will do lots as well as the bigger TB. Tell him i envy his cup holder lol. if he knows anything about the cougars from 99-00 he'll understand. And headers will be a b**** to install. as a matter of fact... the entire engine is a b**** lmao. So is mine even tho i hav a different intake manifold. I believe the SVT's and cougars had split port manifolds. But there is SOME hope for those engines the 3.0L's that come inthe SVT contour had around 195 HP i believe. and the duratecs that came in the escapes and taurus' like i have have around 200-210ish give or take..

If he hasn't done so yet. check out NECO (Newcougar.org basically the hondatech of cougars).. some peeps will run their mouths but others really know these cars inside and out like straight guru's. Thanks for the positive feedback. i finally just started working here and i'm hoping to get all my bills caught up by the beginning of next year so that way i can get a decent loan and begin building her up in my image:D