Sold My Ej1, Wine on a Beer Budget Rnd 2 EJ8

*WFNcrew*

5+ Year Member
So some of you may remember my Red EJ1 build from a few years ago. I sold that car and got a '97 328is BMW which was cool for a summer. I sold that and bought a stock '00 FBP EJ8 that I've had now for about 2 years. I will try my best to bring this thread up to speed, as I definitely need a Build log to keep me motivated.

Let's just say this build has a little more money behind it. But not much

Cheers!

Here is the last picture from my other build, what better place to start. (4/2011)

Then I parted out the Ej1 and bought this E36 (6/2011)

I got the Ej8 In October of 2011 Stock with a load of receipts. i bought it at night on Friday the 13th so the body was of course not as nice as it looked. But it has no rust and the car runs great.

The week I bought it I started ordering parts. I also got these BBS RZ wheels from a corrado that ended up being wicked bent :lame

I got the OEM Hood Bra, and Side markers really quick

A guy I work with had this in his attic from the 2000 EM1 He bought new. So he gave it to me, I polished it with Mothers Aluminum

I then got a Momo MonteCarlo through work, ICB motoring tear drop knob and a few other things.

I had sold those RZ wheels and was driving on Steelies. But it did source and OEM SI Grill and Lip (lip obviously not installed)

Found these Team Dynamics wheels on Craigslist.. They just didn't do it for me.

Sold them and got my favorite wheels of all time. Brand new with my christmas bonus.

Mud flaps and OEM Sunroof Visor also installed. I also got Ebay Carbon spoon mirrors to replace the Elephant Ears.

After this pic was taken, the only other thing I added was the OEM EM1 Lip. After that, I took it off the road, bought a 4 runner, and sold almost all of my parts...

More to come.

*WFNcrew*

5+ Year Member
After I sold this beauty..

I washed the leaves and debris off the civic after it sat for 6 months. I sold the OE Bra, RPF1s, Si Grille and Lip, etc etc.. So it was basically as you see it with Eibach sportlines on it and a few goodies left over

This past year I became the Takata Racing Brand Manager for North America, As part of that I spent a majority of my year at Formula D events testing and hanging with the drivers using Takata Products. This is Chris Forsberg at West Palm

Becoming the Nation Takata manager, I had to get back into a honda so the EJ8 got called back up from the Minor Leagues.

First Purchase after it went back on the road were theses bad boys

Somewhere in there I got these Samco hoses and did the full cooling system

At this point, the car was still on cut Eibach Springs, but had the Lover Souls and i threw some ebay CTR headlights in.

*WFNcrew*

5+ Year Member
This was a good commute

Wet after it was buffed

I'm so pumped to have these finally. Muteki Lug nuts were a new edition. The was the drop with the GroundCountrol/ Koni Sport setup I put in right be for winter.

And this will be the last picture of this main photo dump. The car is back on stock suspension with snows until the white stuff stops.

:ok:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good man...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sounds like a pretty exciting job. And ya winter sucks, I need to take my mud flaps off bc they keep scraping ice and snow lol.

*WFNcrew*

5+ Year Member
I'm not really sure about the new direction. Spring time will bring the Ground Control/Koni set up and new tires. I have Extended ARP Wheel studs to install when I do my front end Maintenance. I'll be sure to keep it updated. Thanks!

I just found this terrible pic of the drop, It was higher in the front that I wanted but I took it off a month later anyway

And a better pic of it on the Eibachs right before I put the coilovers in

*WFNcrew*

5+ Year Member
Thanks! I wanted Loversouls for ever. The guy I got them from bought them for his Sentra SER from ICB Motoring. they are flawless. I paid half of what he paid from ICB plus I got the tires.. I'll take it.