Solved!! 97 Civic sedan Engine Splash Shield

97Civic252

OK so I've been searching and can't find nothing on this except to leave it on.
But any way I have a 97 civic ex and I ordered a splash engine guard but I can't seem to get it to fit, for anyone have a how to or can give me some pictures/ video on the install? Not the tire splash guards bit the one that protects the engine, belts etc
Thanks First post

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why does that look like a fender splash sheild to me..im on my phone and cant get a good look at it.

97Civic252

74110-SR3-A01 is the part number but i cant get the damn thing on

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you work your way from the center and out to the sides then it shouldnt be that difficult. I hope you realize that the right side on your picture is the driver side.

97Civic252

Yes i did notice that it was the driver side, I also have been in a crash. Would that change things for me?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ohh boy... theres your answer of why its not lining up.

It will never be back like it was from factory.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Considering you have no clue as to the severity of his accident, all you can do is make assumptions. Its pretty self explanatory on how it goes on, so please explain how its not lining up. You have yet to do so. We need clear information to give better responses.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hold it up to the bottom of the car in the correct orientation and have someone take a couple pictures. Report back and post them. Can't help you if we don't know why or how it isn't lining up. For all we know you still have pieces of the old one on there and they are hindering it mounting correctly.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i sense that its been botched back together like frankenstein and prolly had the clip holes welded up and the other holes are about 5 inches away from where it should be. post pics

97Civic252

When I get home tonight I'll take pics fellas or in the morning. Its raining real bad til dark so prolly ne morning. Thanks for replies this far.
The part I order is this 74110SR3A01, but I'm not sure its the right one for my civic.

The one I bought is 74110SR3A01 listed on eBay as the one I need. BUUUUT
The one I see that fits my car as well is 74111-S01-A00.
So which one is for a 1997 Honda civic EX Sedan ?

This the one I think I need, can't tell if they are the same as the one I took a picture of.
74111-S01-A00 part number.

OK guys I found the problem I think. So the part I ordered 74110SR3A01 is not a fit for my 97 civic as the eBay listing said.
I needed the part 74111-S01-A00.
So refund started, they are going to pay for return shipping and I will order the correct part.
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! DEFINITELY A GREAT WAY TO START MY CLUBCIVIC account

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Part 74110-SR3-A01 fits 92-00 2 door and 3 door Civics.

Never trust a seller on ebay to give you the correct information. Do research first.

Sedan is a different part number.

97Civic252

Part 74110-SR3-A01 fits 92-00 2 door and 3 door Civics.

Never trust a seller on ebay to give you the correct information. Do research first.

Sedan is a different part number.
Yes man I'm usually good with this stuff but those damn splash guards are not take about often so not to much on them. Hondapartsnow saved me, thanks again guys

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbs up

at least ya figured it out