someone tried stealing ym car and left me stranded 40 miles away from home

Kenzo

5+ Year Member
fags

stole my change, my friends backpack, my whole new tool set hidden away, wrecked the ignition, and didnt steal my brand new nikes next to my tool set or my brand new deck....only thing broke is the ignition..

time for a viper alarm. how's this???

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7729737&type=product&id=1140392383377

im not trying to get super hi tech stuff cause i live in a video taped neighborhood i was just in the wrong place

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats not an alarm...its just a lock remote. so u dont have to use your keys to unlock the door.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you're trying to develop some security, and you're trying to be cheap????? Those two things don't go together.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Try looking on crutchfield.com . I've always had good service with them.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you're trying to develop some security, and you're trying to be cheap????? Those two things don't go together.
Best comment so far. Civics are VERY easy to break into and steal. Alarm alone will not do the trick. You have to be smarter then the person stealing your car. Alarm are easy to bypass. It just provides a distraction and an attention grabber as they steal your car. Alarm with extras (tilt sensor, glass sensor, back up battery) plus a few DIY kill switches ( starter & fuel) should even out the playing field a little. A little will go a long way. Also, I keep my trunk locked at all times (even tho they can still get into it, its hrader tho) and put anything of value in there. Take out your head unit, if applicable, all expensive stuff, give them less of a reason to jack you. Another thing, JB weld the screws to your ignition switch. This way the have less access to it.

Trust me, the kill switch works. had my car broken at a theme park. Only got a bit of my stuff, no car.
If anyone has some stuff to add, by my guest. God knows there is MUCH more yoiu can do to keep your car.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How the flip were you left 40 miles away from home..?

Hkarmy

Kushboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Best comment so far. Civics are VERY easy to break into and steal. Alarm alone will not do the trick. You have to be smarter then the person stealing your car. Alarm are easy to bypass. It just provides a distraction and an attention grabber as they steal your car. Alarm with extras (tilt sensor, glass sensor, back up battery) plus a few DIY kill switches ( starter & fuel) should even out the playing field a little. A little will go a long way. Also, I keep my trunk locked at all times (even tho they can still get into it, its hrader tho) and put anything of value in there. Take out your head unit, if applicable, all expensive stuff, give them less of a reason to jack you. Another thing, JB weld the screws to your ignition switch. This way the have less access to it.

Trust me, the kill switch works. had my car broken at a theme park. Only got a bit of my stuff, no car.
If anyone has some stuff to add, by my guest. God knows there is MUCH more yoiu can do to keep your car.
I did all this and more only because i live in cali lol but yea what he says works someone tried to steal my car and i was in my room and i heard them but due to advice like his i didn't bother.. why i simply called the cops this idiot tried to pick locks and the whole nine yards point of the story well they caught him in the act of still trying and well it didn't work lol

and why he was still trying i will never under stand i have a dsw Detachable steering wheel made no sense to try ftw and go figure all thieves are stupid if your i.q is a even a lil point higher your GOLDEN

i had everything almost re wired to one kill switch in case of this bs ever again happens point and chance of success = 0