Spare tire relocation ek3 sedan

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I definitely agree. Unfortunately for him, it may cone down to the demographic he's after. Is it the fool who errantly thinks bigger is better? Does he want to educate potential customers with a well planned quality build that out performs the raw & bigger & (not) better build? Judging by his choice of a Sound Qubed Hds300 15" sub and a Mmats 3000.1 amp, its the typical fool because that is not quality equipment.

If it were me, I'd build a 12" JL based system cleanly ported through the rear deck using a stealthy 6x9 grill, giving the impression of only a third deck speaker, while building sleak shaped sub enclosures that leave easy access to the spare. That shows people that they can have a badass build that looks like it belongs there while not losing any functionality. In my opinion, that speaks more positively about your shop because any shop can force feed two 15's into a trunk so I dont see the draw to make someone want to go to your place over another.

Of course, I dont the audio scene in Trinidad so your choice will come down to what helps you pay the bills. Either way, quality always speaks volumes.
my friend had made a small sub enclosure that fits in the arm rest in his m3 in the back seat. if you pull the arm rest down the sub is right there and he has no problem getting out his full size spare.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is my current set-up. I made panels from 1/4" starboard allowing full access to the spare with the custom boxed sub in the corner so I can load my massage table or chair when I do house calls.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
This is my current set-up. I made panels from 1/4" starboard with full access to the spare with the custom boxed sub in the corner so I can load my massage table or chair when I do house calls.
thats pretty neat....

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To 15 inch rims without tires barely fit in a civic truck, highly doubt you will make a large enough box to fit both and have it fit in the trunk, you would have to build it in place and it would be able to be clamped properly to dry right