spare tire well sub enclosure

clengster_77

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can anybody show me a link on how to make a spare tire well sub enclosure for my 91 hatch?i need your help guys!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you worked with fg before? that would be the best way. and if you haven't, learn how to work with that first.

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lkailburn said:
have you worked with fg before? that would be the best way. and if you haven't, learn how to work with that first.
Worked with fg? what is fg.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
fiberglass.. so ill take t hat as a no.. take it to a shop, have them do it. or just make a wooden box like most other people.

imracin101

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive tried before..well it sorta workd but the sub sounded like s**t so if u do it then do it right and dont slak off on anything

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^werd. When I made my sub box I rushed it and cut some corners and it shows, lol. Take your time and do a good job and it will pay off. Here is a very helpful site I found on cc a while ago, it helped me a lot. http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome site neaky! ima start working on fiberglass for my trunk now!

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here's mine

this is mine.

sorry about the big pics
my freind and i just took the carpet and cardboard and made a top patern. the rest is just a bandpass box. sitting in there.

heres some quick drawings of how it is underneath

Pit_lover

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 91 crx has something similar in it. Never had a problem with it until I got rear ended and had to take off my rear bumper/kit.
Make sure to leave enough room to get a socket or wrench on your bumper bolts!
Removing the sub box made it a real beehotch!

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heres my setup

consists of 2-15" woofers and a 1400 wt amp

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ isn't that the kinda sub you can find on ebay for fairly cheap? or is that some super high end brand that i cant afford? are they clean bass? or just really loud? and a very nice/clean enclosure there!!

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
codyj86 said:
^^ isn't that the kinda sub you can find on ebay for fairly cheap? or is that some super high end brand that i cant afford? are they clean bass? or just really loud? and a very nice/clean enclosure there!!

yes in fact u can buy them on ebay for a realitively cheap price, usually they have deals with selling them in pairs. its fairly clean bass, but since i got the 15" woofers they are somewhat loud also. definatly if u purchase these subs i would recommend sound proofing the trunk first. as for the enclosure it was custom built by myself and a friend, spent 2 days on it and it was fairly easy and inexpensive, cost about 50 total to build that.

i would recommend these subs to anyone looking to get some high quality subs for a decent price, look at the stats on these subs if u are interested they are fairly heavy however. but i know of at least one ofther person on clubcivic that has these subs also.

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i got some other ones i would probebly go with power acoustiks. 12" - 200 oz magnet. made to be clean, but loud. no $$ right now tho. what kinda wood/fiberglass did you use?

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
codyj86 said:
if i got some other ones i would probebly go with power acoustiks. 12" - 200 oz magnet. made to be clean, but loud. no $$ right now tho. what kinda wood/fiberglass did you use?

that woofer sounds like a good one to choose also,

for my box i didnt use any fiberglass, i used 3/4 inch wood, basically built it the same way u would a normal box, then for the fake floor i just cut a measured and then put some legs on it to make it stand, my amp and all the wiring are underneath the floor, the floor pieces actually can come out if i need to access the amp or wiring for any reason. then i just carpeted the whole works, and then felt for the sub cutouts and cut and folded that and then dropped the subs in.