1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

spare tire well sub enclosure

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by clengster_77, Jun 15, 2004.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. clengster_77

clengster_77 New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

can anybody show me a link on how to make a spare tire well sub enclosure for my 91 hatch?i need your help guys!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!

2. lkailburn

lkailburn New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

have you worked with fg before? that would be the best way. and if you haven't, learn how to work with that first.

3. dracing

dracing Banned Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Worked with fg? what is fg.

4. Handlebars

Handlebars None Taken. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

fiberglass.. so ill take t hat as a no.. take it to a shop, have them do it. or just make a wooden box like most other people.

5. imracin101

imracin101 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

ive tried before..well it sorta workd but the sub sounded like s**t so if u do it then do it right and dont slak off on anything

6. neaky

neaky Nexus One Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

^^werd. When I made my sub box I rushed it and cut some corners and it shows, lol. Take your time and do a good job and it will pay off. Here is a very helpful site I found on cc a while ago, it helped me a lot. http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

7. Bobo_686

Bobo_686 Shiny things amuse me Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

this site is awesome, thanks!

8. lkailburn

lkailburn New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

9. AqueousFila

AqueousFila Keeping it Tru' Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

awesome site neaky! ima start working on fiberglass for my trunk now!

10. codyj86

codyj86 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

here's mine

this is mine.

sorry about the big pics
    my freind and i just took the carpet and cardboard and made a top patern. the rest is just a bandpass box. sitting in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres some quick drawings of how it is underneath
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Pit_lover

Pit_lover New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

My 91 crx has something similar in it. Never had a problem with it until I got rear ended and had to take off my rear bumper/kit.
    Make sure to leave enough room to get a socket or wrench on your bumper bolts!
    Removing the sub box made it a real beehotch!

12. RiceburnerRyan

RiceburnerRyan I Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

nice stuff.. i need to learn how to fabricate fiberglass

13. especko

especko the reborn ESP Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

heres my setup

consists of 2-15" woofers and a 1400 wt amp

14. codyj86

^^ isn't that the kinda sub you can find on ebay for fairly cheap? or is that some super high end brand that i cant afford? are they clean bass? or just really loud? and a very nice/clean enclosure there!!

15. especko

yes in fact u can buy them on ebay for a realitively cheap price, usually they have deals with selling them in pairs. its fairly clean bass, but since i got the 15" woofers they are somewhat loud also. definatly if u purchase these subs i would recommend sound proofing the trunk first. as for the enclosure it was custom built by myself and a friend, spent 2 days on it and it was fairly easy and inexpensive, cost about 50 total to build that.

i would recommend these subs to anyone looking to get some high quality subs for a decent price, look at the stats on these subs if u are interested they are fairly heavy however. but i know of at least one ofther person on clubcivic that has these subs also.

16. codyj86

if i got some other ones i would probebly go with power acoustiks. 12" - 200 oz magnet. made to be clean, but loud. no $$ right now tho. what kinda wood/fiberglass did you use?

17. especko

that woofer sounds like a good one to choose also,

for my box i didnt use any fiberglass, i used 3/4 inch wood, basically built it the same way u would a normal box, then for the fake floor i just cut a measured and then put some legs on it to make it stand, my amp and all the wiring are underneath the floor, the floor pieces actually can come out if i need to access the amp or wiring for any reason. then i just carpeted the whole works, and then felt for the sub cutouts and cut and folded that and then dropped the subs in.

18. GhettoPuNKkiD

GhettoPuNKkiD New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

nice job guys..all of you..