Spark Plug Tube Seals With Mystery Oil Galley Hole On Cyl #3

KCA

Hey guys,
So i found recently my # 3 and 4 spark plug tubes to be filled with oil. After a bit of searching i found that the most likely culprit would be the bottom tube seals beneath the rocker arm group. I pulled the rocker arm group off and found that the o rings were bad on the bottom. I ordered a valve cover seal kit and plugs off of rock auto. The kit included the lower seals, upper seals, valve cover seals, and grommets for the valve cover studs. While cleanin up my components i found that cylinder #3 had an oil galley that fed up to the rocker arms. I also noticed that the #3 lower tube seal had a little half o ring connected to the big o ring to seal the little oil galley port from the head to the rocker arm assembly. So of course i look through my new seals and only have plain o rings. so wtf. i checked all over the internet looking at pictures for seals and trying to find something in threads about this. My question is, is there a specific part number for that seal or does there not need to be a ring for that galley? i put some red high temp rtv around the hole and where the little o ring attached to the big o ring would be. I'm letting it set over night and am going to hope its not a big deal. But i have a feeling that the rtv will not hold up and a proper o ring is needed. Does anyone have some insight to this?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i need pics of what your taking about.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Since I dont know what engine you have, goto Hondapartsnow.com, put in the info, under ENGINE, search for cylinder head cover and try and fnd the part

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You must have a D15b7, because the y-series and z6 arent built that way. The RVT MIGHT hold, but...I would go to Honda and just order the proper gasket...