1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Spark plugs covered in oil

Discussion in '4th Generation Honda Civic (1988-1991)' started by Clean91 ef, Aug 1, 2012.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Clean91 ef

Clean91 ef New Member

I have a 91 civic hatchback with a d15 b1 and I pulled my spark Waite out and they were coverd in oil what could that mean

2. Vtec Missing

Vtec Missing New Member

you might need to change the valve cover gasket. The spark plug tube seal might be leaking.

3. taluzer45

taluzer45 4 Banger Deluxe Registered VIP

x2

4. EFtheworld

EFtheworld New Member

x3 spark plug tube seals are known to leak oil all over plugs, plus theyre cheap and easy. torque the valve cover down to spec with the new ones if you can!

5. IhaveaSTD.hb

IhaveaSTD.hb CIVIC STD!

valve cover gasket and grommets!