Spark plugs for a Civic LX 2005

geocalleo

5+ Year Member
Hello everyone, I have a quick question about spark plugs for a Honda Civic LX 2005. I was told by an employee at Advanced Auto that Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion plugs are the best for my model car. Is this true or is he just trying to up-sell me? Also, if you have better suggestions for spark plugs, please feel free to comment on.

Thanks to everyone in advance, your help is greatly appreciated!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just Get some regular stock NGK or DENSO. Our cars come stock with Double Platinum.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bosch are H O R R I B L E in our vehicle, any import tuner can tell you that.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to any auto parts store and ask for the OE equipped spark plugs, im pretty sure they will carry it

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
I got NGK Iridium IX for my EX. I heard a lot of good stuff about them. It may end up being a bit of a waste of money, but oh well.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^im running those plugs as well, they make my car feel like its new ;D

geocalleo

5+ Year Member
Great thank you everyone, I went ahead and ordered the NGK Iridium IX from Amazon. They were a bit pricey but I'm sure it's well worth it.

Once again, many thanks to all of you.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^you should have gotten them at a local auto parts store so you wouldnt have to pay for shipping cost.

geocalleo

5+ Year Member
I went ahead and got them online at amazon because I had this $100 gift certificate that I was given a couple of weeks back. Also, the free shipping takes about 5 days to get to me so I don't mind waiting a bit.

Also, I picked up the K&N Air Filter and cabin air filters. It's Xmas for my car!

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went ahead and got them online at amazon because I had this $100 gift certificate that I was given a couple of weeks back. Also, the free shipping takes about 5 days to get to me so I don't mind waiting a bit.

Also, I picked up the K&N Air Filter and cabin air filters. It's Xmas for my car!
Thats cool. Can you guys believe i haven't changed my air filter ever since i got my car like a year and half ago :shock:. :smackself

How much was it for that K&N air filter???

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its like 54.99

*@ vatozone

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^nice find on the k&n on amazon.

denzos and ngk are recommended on most imports.

geocalleo

5+ Year Member
LatinEM2, Glad you got it. I'm looking forward to getting and installing mine. Let me know how it works for you when you get it.