Speaker sizes

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sony's are good, you can't fit anything bigger than a 2 way in the front doors, so don't waste cash trying to get anything bigger. stay away from bloupunkt and kicker. stick with sony, pioneer, or JL audio, they've done me justice in the past. try to stay away from retail stores like best buy, their over priced for what your looking for. you'll spend 180 there and get less than somewhere else. a good place to buy speakers online is through an ebay store called soniceletronix.com very very very inexpensive, you could get some of the best 6x9's in the rear and a good set for up front with 180 shipped.

tsylican

5+ Year Member
So about a year ago I bought a set of four 6 1/2 Polk Audio Speakers from Circuit City for buy one get other half off. So it was $150 for four which was stellar!!! And then i let them deal with the trouble of installing them for about $30...even though they did a crappy install and i had to go back twice....it was a good deal in my eyes.. Good Luck =)
p.s. the polk audios own!!! They are ultimately made for marine applications...meaning that they are durable..can withstand crazy temps, and you will get your moneys worth out of them

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6x9's will fit in the rear if you use the grills that come with them. If your car did not come with factory rear speakers like so many dx's did, then you can install whatever speaker you want. If you want a factory look then you need to install a speaker smaller than the stock grilles. try cructhfield.com for speaker sizing and shopping .oh, and stay out of the big box stores for audio equipment. I can almost guarantee you to get a bad deal on mid to low range items. and don't pay attention to the largest wattage number on speakers, its usually peak power. Read peak power like peak horsepower "it'll lay down 1000hp...once."

civicvette

5+ Year Member
I would just pull them first, then you will surely know what you need. That's the easiest way of knowing.

murph_e

5+ Year Member
me too

Im also looking to get new speakers in my 95 civic coupe. bestbuy told me i need 4 1/2 and 5 1/4 speakers, the problem is i cant find 4 1/2 anywhere, would 4 fit? what brands should i look for or avoid? Im not trying to spend a fortune either. please help

thezak69

5+ Year Member
Ok please stop asking best buy bout car audio cuz they don't know anything and since I work at a car audio shop I can tell you that first hand 5th gens front are 5 1-2 but like the guy said before can be cut out and made to 6 1-2 also the backs are also 5 but 6 1-2 can be fit also. Do not buy sony explode speakers although they might be cheap ur gonna blow them and wish u didn't. I would recomend either rockford fosgate speakers, polk audios are decent. Pioneer premier componates and if u can afford them focal speakers which start at 300 for focal access which come with tweeters and crossovers. I have them and they are amazing. Also .! Quarts are great.

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my is only 5.25 front and the rear are only 6.5.... and MB QUART all the WAY>>>>>>

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have fit 6.5"s all around. It's a really tight fit up front and could only put two screws in but it's in their solid. For a 95 civic coupe it's 6.5 in the back stock and they fall right in. Make sure u know how to crimpnor sodder or purchase the adapters on eBay for the cheap. I like kickers cuz they hit down low but I'd I had the money I would go for Polk MMs.
Currently I've been hooking some 10s in the back but it's been interesting with 7.5 fuses blowing and me not finding my faceplate for my old shool alpine flipout screen. I should be bumping before Christmas.
Way to revive a year old thread tho.

Mikki

One more Time on Speaker Size

Even I was confused reading all the posts, and people swearing to have installed a certain size, while others calling companies and them saying another and people working themselves at radio places and ALL had different measurements........... Perplexing.

Ok, Im in the market for a radio that has an adapter to fit my '95 4-door Honda Civic DX. Looking for radio, door speakers, rear speakers and anyone who knows about which radios would be compatible with an I-Pod deck. Dont have one yet, but that is on the list of things to purchase.

Your help is greatly appreciated. To my understanding I think the doors would be either 5.5 or 6.5 and Rear would be 5.25's or 6.5's {these are the sizes most reccommended on this very post}

Thanks Guys!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kenwoods are my favorite, i bought an ipod compatible one last year for about $220.

i usually go on www.crutchfield.com they have great info and reviews, but theyre prices are average.
i go to www.sonicelectronix.com for good prices