Spirits of Cars Passed

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I thought this would be interesting. I mostly got this idea from seeing the "Hall Of Shame" thread and a couple people posting old rides.

Post your OLD rides, maybe what was done, liked it or hated it, what you wanted it to be, where is it now?

So I'll start.

1996 Civic CX hatchback
Bought in 05 with a Rebuilt title - Sold in 08 - VIN info shows it somewhere in Ohio

Full B18C1 engine, tranny, ECU swap, GSR knuckles, brakes, trailing arms, etc. Some basic bolt ons, AEM hybrid CIA, header, random tech cat, Apexi WS2 exhaust, cheap ebay seats w/ racing harnesses (actually REALLY comfy), Si cluster, LS mesh wrapped in Proxies and GSR Blades wrapped in Falken ZIiex on the side.

Loved it! So much, pulled really hard. Wanted it to be exactly what it was, sporty DD

Was young and enjoyed the power, not maintaining it. Started burning oil, sold it to a kid who was as excited to buy it as I was.

2004 Impreza WRX
Bought in 08, sold in 2012 - VIN info shows it was driven into a guide rail and deemed total loss :(
Stock engine and turbo, GT-Spec header and catless uppipe, TurboXS catted 3" turbo back exhaust with 4" downpipe, ARC intake box, Precision Tuning professional tune - made 284whp at 20lbs of boost. 05 STi steering wheel and cluster, Rota 17" rims (forget the model).

Loved it! Absolutely amazing to drive. Had the most fun in that car. Wanted it to be a fun DD and offroad capable

1989 240SX SE
Bought in 2011, sold in 2011 - VIN vanished after me, dude was building a drift car
K24DE swap, ZOMK speed header, Walboro 255lph fuel pump, XTD 11lb flywheel, 6 puck "F1" clutch, S14 welded diff, JDM Silvia front end with projector headlights, Eibach sportline suspension

Had a blast with it when it ran. Moved and couldn't get it started to take with me. Sold it for what I paid for it. Wanted it to be a drift car, duh.

1995 Civic DX Coupe
Bought in 2012 - sold in 2014 - dude that bought it posts his mods on Facebook every day, he loves it :lol:
Stock everything. Car was in an accident, front didn't line up perfectly and the paint was all different. Sprayed it flat black and beat the piss out of it. Rebuilt the head and full timing belt maintenance.

Was great commuter car, enjoyed hitting shopping carts with it. Meh otherwise. Wanted it to be scrap metal

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thought there was a thread made like this years ago

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is just the one dude. It's long dead, plus most of the pics are dead links anyway.

This thread is fine unless there is a long one already out there.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would take too long to list all of the cars that I've had, so I'll just list my favorite.

1993 Honda Del Sol S.

I miss that car so bad. The motorcycle I plan on picking up as soon as I get my finances in order will replace it. It was my first stick shift vehicle. I loved the way it handled, and the rear window that rolled down.. The targa top.. All the things that made it a del sol.

It was slow as HELLLLL though.

Had a 3" exhaust that was on it when I bought it. Super loud and annoying. Loved it anyways.

I put a cold air intake on it, tune up with the best of parts, and little stuff like a radio, shift knob..

My build thread for it is around here somewhere.

The only thing I didn't like about the car, besides it being ridiculously slow, was that there was no latch to open the trunk from the inside of the car.

Engine needed a rebuild so I sold it. Wish I would have kept it and swapped a z6 or a b16 into it. Oh well. :P

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I only have pics of 3 of my previous cars....so here is a list in chronological order

1989 Shelby CSX #179- Stock and a ton of fun, slide it down a hill on the passenger side @ 50mph/Traded
1995 Neon- POS, sold it to a co worker I was nailing
1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z- Bolt ons , upgraded to Chrylser Turbo II setup/Sold when I moved to Cincy
1991 Integra RS- B16a swap, learned a lot about Hondas in a hurry on this car. Developed a rod knock unfortunately/ Sold
1998 Eclipse Spyder- Nothing special, got rear ended on my way to have a turboback installed, totaled out and sold it for 3 times what I bought it back for
1999 Integra GSR- Had previously been a 480whp car, longblock was sold and I bought it from Total Performance Racing with a stock engine with bolt ons, I really miss it. Boosted on stock bottom end, cracked ring landing/Sold+Trade
1991 Civic Si- Caged ex-drag car, tried to make it a daily. Dropped in a B20b with YS1 trans/ Sold shell
1990 Plymouth Laser- Should of never bought it
1997 Civic DX- Nothing special/Sold
1993 Integra LS- Was mainly stock when I got it, dropped the setup from my Civic in it/ Sold when I moved to Memphis
1992 Talon ES- 6bolt swap, always cut out in boost, never could get it to run right. Literally figured out what was wrong with it the day after I sold it/Sold
1989 Chevy Silverado- SS clone, drop spindles and 15mpg/ Sold
1994 Civic EX- I put 40k miles on this car in 13 months, great commuter/Sold
2003 Dodge SRT4- Full bolt ons etc, rear ended someone on my way to class, repaired and sold it
2005 Dodge SRT4- Stock mostly, had intentions of swapping everything over from my '03, but decided to keep it as a daily and racecar the '03
1993 Integra LS- Yeah, the same one that I owned before. I needed something good on gas (work was 110miles round trip) and saw it on craigslist.-Current
2001 Lexus GS300- Tired of driving a go-kart type car, wanting something smooth and quiet, of course I just did a muffler delete on it. Had the front end repaired as it had dents and s*** on the hood and front bumper-Current

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man, that's some history, and diverse somewhat. So you bought back your same Integra?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1989 Shelby CSX #179- Stock and a ton of fun, slide it down a hill on the passenger side @ 50mph/Traded
I just saw that one. Hahaha. That thing is awesome. I've actually never seen one, looks like Shelby made the Shadow / Sundance really badass. Of 500, damn. Seeing its stock pictures just takes me back to The Wraith from 1986, such an awesome car movie from way back. If that car was around in 86, I'm sure it would have been in that movie.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The P body had just gone into production when The Wraith was being filmed. There is one or two in a scene outside of Big K's though but it is probably the same car twice. My Daytona was identical to Oggie's from the film except for the wheels, same decal along the side though, and the red/black two tone. I thought it was the actual car from the movie when I first saw it, but mine was a non C/S 5spd while the one in the movie was an auto C/S model.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That car was sick, it was awesome. Seeing them destroy all of the those cars, that prototype, and the Mazdas that fell off the trailer, etc. Crying shame... 4 eye Daytona was way better looking than the flip up Daytona and I'm a huge fan of classic flip ups.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Yeah I never liked the the 2nd gen either. Better setup engine wise though, and talk about torque from a 4 banger. Honda boys don't know what torque is lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My former pride & joy was a 1995 Acura Legend coupe, which I had for 7 years.

I also momentarily had a 1989 CRX Si while I owned the Legend. It was so fun to drive.

... and its when I first installed Insights seats in any car.

Before that was my first car of 5 years, a silver 1989 Integra RS, of which I have no pictures.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1991 Honda Civic DX
- Red, automatic
Bought in 2003, maybe late November as I remember driving w/o my license yet
Bought for $450 from a sheriff auction, drove right out. Used to be an undercover car
Threw a 4.5" fartcan on the back, sounded deep all the way through...except the guy put it on wrong side of the car
Also took it autocrossing quite a few times, fun little thing that I can honestly say I regret ever getting rid of

Traded it to a guy on base for a 96 Civic and he ended up putting on a body kit and then it got flooded with a hurricane

At the auction, it was sitting next to a 90-93 teg 5spd, but I didn't know s*** about cars back then so I didn't buy it
But that damn teg sold for $40, could've had a swap donor for maybe $50-100 :lol:

1996 Honda Civic DX
- Midori, automatic
Traded my 91 for it. One of my worst car mistakes ever
Had so much hidden s*** wrong with it, I don't have enough patience to list
Also threw a 99/00 front end on it and taillights, ended up selling it but I don't remember how much
Ended up getting some bobo air intake, muffler, and header from previous owner even though I paid for a DC header, AEM intake, and good muffler.

Guy after me dropped in a B16A, sprayed it, repainted and finished it although with some flamboyant wheels. Now it's boosted, and white on its second owner after me.

1995 Acura Integra GS-R
- Paradise Blue/Green, 5spd obviously, coupe/hatch
Picked up in 2004 from a Coast Guard guy who had it since new. 2003 or 4, i dont remember
Threw an AEM V2 intake, DC header, and a straight pipe to fartcan on the back, mega loud and annoying
Put new rotors and pads on it as well. Also had a Skunk2 intake manifold but never put it on
Put some dumbass white vinyl on it but ripped it off after a couple months
Autocrossed it quite a few times.
Eventually hydralocked the motor, had it replaced and also found the worst shop in the FL Keys in the process
Car never ran right after that, ended up sitting for quite some time before selling it to a "friend"

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT
- Black, bought in 2005
Threw some 5% tint on it and picked up some 24" Laced Hangtyme's
Never got a chance to put the 24's on due to tires being $500+ each at the time, and truck died
Sucked up water driving downtown after hurricane Katrina
Truck was at the dealer when hurricane Wilma came through with an 8ft storm surge, dealer's only 3ft above sea level
6 months to the day, between buying it and getting filled with salt water
Looked up the vin a few years ago, was registered in NJ somewhere. Sucks for that owner

1998 Acura Integra GS-R
- Black, bought in 2005
Friend of mine moved to Orlando and didn't listen to me about getting an alarm, especially with all his mods
Ended up being stolen, stripped, dumped, found within 12 hours
Started to rebuild it, sold with my '95 GS-R to same douchebag

1990 Honda CRX
- I think I got this on a trade, maybe I bought it for stupid cheap. I don't exactly remember
Bought a K20a3 for it, not knowing what a mistake that was instead of the a2
Listed the motor on South Florida Racing, and had buyers from Miami to my house in 3hrs
Sold the CRX to another friend I think, I really don't remember what happened to this one. Was a quick ownership

1994 Honda Civic LX
- Bought in 2005, #1 of 5 cars in 1 purchase
Parted out

1994 Honda Civic CX
- Bought in 2005, #2 of 5
Bashed in the windshield due to anger
Sold it to a guy on base who got it running
Sold it to another douchebag I used to live with who dropped in a K24a2 and is currently around 500+whp

1993 Acura Integra LS
- Bought in 2005, #3 of 5
Sold it

1986 Honda Civic Si
- Bought in 2005, #4 of 5
Kept this thing for years, but never got around to fixing it up into the autocross car we wanted to
Sold

1985 Honda CRX Roadster
- Bought in 2005, #5 of 5
Held on to this trying to find parts to fix it up
Sold it for $100 to guy who bought my tegs
So my roommate, the 500hp hatch, loaded it up to take it to him. Never returned other than to move out while I was at work
So I was screwed out of a car for seriously $100 and ended up losing the house due to his move-out

We also picked up an '87 (84, 85, or 87) El Camino SS and 94 Mercedes C230 or something at the same time as the above 5
El Camino SS -- Flood car, fired right up and drove it out of the junkyard, still have in Miami
Mercedes -- Flood car, transmission switch was broke. Ended up just selling it due to no time

Also had two 2000 Honda Civic Si's, one Electron Blue Pearl and one Milano Red, in my name but they belonged to my ex-g/f so I don't think that really counts :lol:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn, you guys had some nice ass rides. Crazy to see all the time and patience put into these things :thumbs up:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like this thread!

Started off with a stock Civic. And at 16, made some poor life choices...

A few years, auto-to-manual, B18, and boost later..

I still have her, though she needs some work and just looks sad.

During the two years that Gertrude hasn't really moved, I've owned two more cars. My RSX (current daily), and:

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe. Sport, premium, and aero packages. Loooved the sound of the stock exhaust:

Puurplehatch

I'll post more pics later, but here's the short list in order....

1997 Toyota crapolla dx

1988 Mercedes 300te swagon ;)

1999 ford Taurus sho

2000 civic cx hatch purple

2000 civic sir em1 black

1997 civic ex with b16a2 silver

Red 1998 civic dx hatch

2001 Acura tl types

2008 Mitsubishi eclipse gt v6

1988 jaguar Vanden plas

1988 Mercedes 300e

2000 Volvo s70 t5

2003 Volvo xc90 t6

1994 Honda accord ex

1999 Cadillac DeVille delegance

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood,brougham

Mellow,yellow 2002 Mazda protege5

Red 2003 Mazda protege 5

Currently have

1995 Cadillac sts

1999 civic dx hatch

2004 Volvo,xc70 turbo

Also had a couple more but gotta,check,when,I get hlme

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Before I got my current ride, my ride looked something like this -

But with a Hoffman sprocket, of course.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn Puurp, ballin out with them Caddies, VIP style?

Before I got my current ride, my ride looked something like this -

But with a Hoffman sprocket, of course.
No mags? :lol:
[YOUTUBE="Black Mags"]b34U3-CutuU[/YOUTUBE]

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sadly, my cool factor was not high enough :(