Squeaky noise?

vegasnoob

Sup guys I drive a 97 LX. Since the weather started getting cold, I've noticed that when I turn, there's a loud squeaky noise. It doesn't effect my turning or anything, it's just freaking annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Oh and also, the other day when it was running I heard a ticking noise coming from my engine bay. I couldn't detect where it was coming from, but it was somewhere near my timing belt. It isn't making that noise anymore but I'm just curious to know if anyone knows why it was doing this. Thanks again.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I love these "what's that noise" posts. It's nearly impossible to diagnose something like this on a forum. Power steering can make whining noises when it's cold out (or low on fluid). For the ticking... Check your oil level and your belt. If both of those are good, it's possible it's in the valve train or you may be about to find out what a spun bearing sounds like (doesn't sound like you're there yet because it'd be obvious).

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all hondas "tick" a little, and a squeak , who the f**k knows . could be your shocks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your car is what...16 years old? It's bound to make some noises. I know my suspension squeaks when it's cold out and goes back to being silent in the summer.

And Honda engine's have a slight tick to them. Even after a valve last adjustment, they'll still tick a little bit. Weather most likely effects that too. My engine is loud as hell in the winter, especially when it starts to get in the teens.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For the squeak, have you checked lower ball joints? My driver side boot is ripped and started squeaking when turning when all the grease is gone.