stage 2 cams for supers?? i think bad, buddy thinks good.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
Well guys i'm back, i finally decided i couldnt live without good old ClubCivic. i have learned alot after my build, which i still cant figure out how to put up pics successfully to the site. and i have a debate with my regarding cams and superchargers. and decided to get the opinions of all you gurus out there that really know your s**t bout hondas.

I got a comp regrind cam, when i started my engine rebuild(d16z6). after i got the engine rebuilt it ran like a dream, got up and went like a damn cammed, P&P b16, when it was naturally aspirated. now i have the JRSC on it and i'm running a nice lil 6lbs of boost. that with my CR and advanced to hell timing i'm squeezing 230-240HP after my barely noticeable vtec kicks in. ;-P. anyway. my buddy told me after he rode in it that a stage 3 clutch, as well as a stage 2 cam would be the best things for me to do next......

if yall chuckled and said what the f**k... you did exactly what i did. haha

anyways for like 2 and a half weeks now all i hear from him is stage 2 this, stage 3 that about the cam and clutch.. and he wont listen to the proven facts on the internet, and wont f**kin shut his mouth about real world experience and s**t..so to get him to shut up, help me confirm to him that its a proven fact that stock cams work better with supers, that agressive lope does nothing but hurt performance with supers, also that a stage two clutch (what i have now) is perfectly ok for a tuned up street car thats a daily driver, and an every 3rd weekend track runner. i'm not running 18lbs of boost on a b18 and dont need a stage 3 clutch.

some newbs dont listen to experience, so dish out the experience so he can see just how much he has to learn.
P.S. he will be viewing this thread, so be sure to give him the usual reaction CC does to idiots that dont listen. hahaha