Stage 2 Competition Clutch

xelloss

5+ Year Member
Hi guys.

How do you think about competition Clutch?? I'm looking for the stage 2 clutch kit, but not sure which brand is reasonable. some friends told me comp clutch is not too bad if just for a daily driver like me...and the price is reasonable too, at least lower then ACT stuffs...

Also, I want to know what's the weight of the stock flywheel of the Y8 tranny...I want to get a light flywheel for street use as well....It's for STREET, I don't want something too lightweight, which makes me shifting like crazy...

Here are the links:
http://www.competitionclutch.com/index.php?location=fw
http://www.competitionclutch.com/index.php?location=sport (stage 2)

Hope you guys can give me some recommendations and combination .. thanks.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if its for street you really dont need a stage 2 clutch. an OEM organic or a stage 1 will be plenty unless youve got a 400hp street eater

im using an Exedy Cerametallic (stage 1 i believe) and exedy flywheel for a 300hp daily driver. its been great, has 20k on it now. its my 2nd exedy clutch. no complaints

backIN06

5+ Year Member
You are going to ABSOLUTELY HATE a stage 2 clutch for daily driving...... You don't need anything more than a stage one unless your putting down some crazy hp..... which by the sound of it you arent?!

xelloss

5+ Year Member
ha ha, yeah...I don't have huge HP, basically most things are stock.
If just using stage 1, how's the pedal feel compare to the stage 2?
I try my friend's new clutch, probably stage 1, it's feelingless...the clutch pedal feels like a gas pedal, I don't like that..... is the stage 1 gonna be like that?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my exedy is pretty stiff. most people that are used to OEM have a hard time driving my car. its got a lot of bite too, enough to sing the tires shifting into 3rd

xelloss

5+ Year Member
thanks for the input, Mugenkid18.

So how about flywheel? any good suggestion for street application? Should I just keep my stock?

backIN06

5+ Year Member
just get it resurfaced and you'll be fine... No need to upgrade when you don't need it.

xelloss

5+ Year Member
But how do you think about Comp Clutch Stage 2 clutch anyway...anybody has experience on a stock D16Y8?
I did a little research, the comp clutch stage2 is just a little more tight then the Excedy stage 1, and the comp clutch is cheaper as well...

If anybody have tried the Comp clutch Stage 2 with 12 lbs flywheel on your Y8, I love to know your experience...or experience on B-series as well...thanks so much...=)