1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Stage 2 Competition Clutch

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by xelloss, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. xelloss

xelloss New Member 5+ Year Member

Hi guys.

How do you think about competition Clutch?? I'm looking for the stage 2 clutch kit, but not sure which brand is reasonable. some friends told me comp clutch is not too bad if just for a daily driver like me...and the price is reasonable too, at least lower then ACT stuffs...

Also, I want to know what's the weight of the stock flywheel of the Y8 tranny...I want to get a light flywheel for street use as well....It's for STREET, I don't want something too lightweight, which makes me shifting like crazy...

Here are the links:
    http://www.competitionclutch.com/index.php?location=fw
    http://www.competitionclutch.com/index.php?location=sport (stage 2)

Hope you guys can give me some recommendations and combination .. thanks.

2. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

if its for street you really dont need a stage 2 clutch. an OEM organic or a stage 1 will be plenty unless youve got a 400hp street eater

im using an Exedy Cerametallic (stage 1 i believe) and exedy flywheel for a 300hp daily driver. its been great, has 20k on it now. its my 2nd exedy clutch. no complaints

3. backIN06

backIN06 New Member 5+ Year Member

You are going to ABSOLUTELY HATE a stage 2 clutch for daily driving...... You don't need anything more than a stage one unless your putting down some crazy hp..... which by the sound of it you arent?!

4. xelloss

ha ha, yeah...I don't have huge HP, basically most things are stock.
    If just using stage 1, how's the pedal feel compare to the stage 2?
    I try my friend's new clutch, probably stage 1, it's feelingless...the clutch pedal feels like a gas pedal, I don't like that..... is the stage 1 gonna be like that?

5. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

my exedy is pretty stiff. most people that are used to OEM have a hard time driving my car. its got a lot of bite too, enough to sing the tires shifting into 3rd

6. xelloss

thanks for the input, Mugenkid18.

So how about flywheel? any good suggestion for street application? Should I just keep my stock?

7. backIN06

backIN06 New Member 5+ Year Member

just get it resurfaced and you'll be fine... No need to upgrade when you don't need it.

8. xelloss

But how do you think about Comp Clutch Stage 2 clutch anyway...anybody has experience on a stock D16Y8?
    I did a little research, the comp clutch stage2 is just a little more tight then the Excedy stage 1, and the comp clutch is cheaper as well...

If anybody have tried the Comp clutch Stage 2 with 12 lbs flywheel on your Y8, I love to know your experience...or experience on B-series as well...thanks so much...=)

9. xelloss