Stalling, hard to start when warm

gage sumler

Alright first of all let me explain what's going on. The car cranks up fine when cold but as soon as it warms up after I drive around the block it stalls when I come to a stop also will do it in reverse, a red oil sign pops up when's it happens but no check engine lights.. and when it's warm it's extremely hard to start I have to wait 30+ minutes for it to cool down then it starts barely.. I've been researching for about a week now and I've read into could be / vacuum leaks/ brake booster and master cylinder/ fuel pump / main relay/ haven't replaced any of them yet.. just trying to make sure I'm right so far and there's nothing else I'm missing.
--
Car info 95 civic d15b7 block d16z6 head useing p08 Ecu still so I don't have vtec hooked up.. automatic transmission.. everything else is stock besides exhaust system.. I've replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, cleaned iacv, and fitv.. any help is very appreciated..

gage sumler

yeah I know man I'm saving up for one as we speak I also don't have the z6 distributor so one of the bolts don't line up could that effect it as well?

Alright I unplugged it and as soon as I started it got a check engine light which I'm assuming was the o2 sensor, I drive it around the block and seemed to drive fine but the same problems still happened when I stopped back at my house it stalled in drive and lights and radio was all still on, then tried to crank and it wouldn't be budge but literally 5 minutes before when it was cold started up just fine.. idk

Last edited by a moderator:

rogerintx

Check for spark when engine stalls.. if there is gas and spark there will be fire. If no spark, check you igniter at the distributor which is known to fail often. Since you don't have the right distributor, if you have no spark I would purchase the correct distributor which will give you the spark you need.