Stalling in traffic

B18nhct

I have a civic 93 4dr with a b18 swap i started it up and the car dies on me. I have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it from stalling. It happens on and off it would drive a couple miles and die at the red light. I changed the iacv and still doing the same thing . Im thinking its the ICM or throttle body i just want another opinion before i go out buying parts thanks in advance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More details, please.

- Is your car automatic or manual?
- Are you having surging idling issues?
- Is it bogging while accelerating?
- When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
- Do you have any "check engine" codes?

B18nhct

-Manual
-It is bogging while accelerating but it doesn't happen all the time
-hmmm fuel filter i havent changed since i got it
-imma check for the codes when i get off work

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
-Manual
-It is bogging while accelerating but it doesn't happen all the time
-hmmm fuel filter i havent changed since i got it
-imma check for the codes when i get off work
A heavily clogged fuel filter could impede the fuel delivery enough to cause bogging down. Worn spark plugs could also cause bogging and shut-off when stopped.

B18nhct

I changed distributer and spark plugs as well what do you think i should check next ? Or should i try to pull codes 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed distributer and spark plugs as well what do you think i should check next ? Or should i try to pull codes 1st?
I hope you made sure the gaps were correctly set to .44 on the spark plugs. Dont waste more money on parts until you check for codes. However, if its been more than roughly 15-20k miles since the fuel filter was replaced, then change that regardless.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check codes first and foremost. Also, check to make sure the injectors are indeed firing as well as the fuel pump. The fuel pump can prime and then halt which would cause your shut off problem.