Start trouble, stalls while driving

bm.reilly

After purchased (Oct 2016), replaced spark plugs and wires along with oil and air filters and a couple new hoses and other miscellaneous items along with decreasing the engine.
Recently has been having trouble starting (DEC)and at times I've had to take key out of ignition for 5 minutes and crank again and would work. When push starting, sometimes it takes multiples attempts popping clutch to start, wtf.
As of this week it's stalled on the road while driving and since then doesn't even crank over. Has only started with a push. I pulled it into garage just now and turned it off. 5 minutes later I went to start it and it started right up. Turned it off and tried again and got nothing, no tick, no crank, nothing. Lights coming on, radio all that but nothing when I turn the key.

Any leads to what could be going on would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I merged your duplicate threads. When in doubt of where to post, read the section descriptions before posting.

You forgot to add some basic info., such as what car this is, exactly what hoses you changed, and if you have any check-engine codes. Lack of clarity and details will only deter help. This looks to be a 6th gen. LX engine and you replaced at least 2 coolant hoses. Make sure all the ground cables are tightly fastened and inspect the areas you worked around as its possible you mistakenly loosened something.

Ep3po

Respected
Are you aware you have no radiator cap?i was also thinking maybe a grounding issue like hex said. Did you cover all electrical components before degreasing your engine ???did you have this problem before decreasing your engine??? Need more info

mrcraigsr

Respected
I agree sounds like a grounding issue. Check all connections around switch starter and I would check fuses just to start with

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk