Starter and flywheel question

Papee

Hello guys, I don't have a Honda but I have a few questions that I hope you will help me with.

I am working on a starter setup for an air cooled aircraft type engine. Where the flywheel will be mounted the engine turns clockwise so I need a counter clockwise starter so I can tuck it in beside the motor like a normal setup making the brackets needed to hold the starter in place.

I'm told that the civic starters will fit my needs and a rebuilt unit can be found at around $50. Am I correct in my research that this starter turns ccw? Also I need a lightweight flywheel to use with this. I would imagine the stock flywheel/flexplate from this motor, the 1.6 would work. I really haven't been able to find a good photo of one to see if I could use this to drill new mounting holes in it and mount it to an existing pulley. Also what is the diameter of the automatic flywheel/flexplate? I would also like the demensions of the starter from where the gear contacts the flywheel to the back of the starter. Any help you can give on this is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm. I dont remember. Free bump for you to get an answer