starter bad already? replaced 6/20/09

A-TownCivic

5+ Year Member
Well like the title states, I replaced my starter on june 20. well when I went to get a pack of smokes how sweet that my car did absolutely nothing. I checked the lights an horn... all worked. I lifted the hood tapped the starter solenoid an that itch cranked right over. Well I wanted to check it again so I turned it off an she wouldn't start again, so I had to let it roll down the hill to start.

Ok so there's my lil vent, now my question is, is there anything that would cause a starter to pre-maturely go bad? It's not even a yr old. If not the starter could it be anything else?

Thanks a lot in advance guys

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
grounds good? wires tight?

RonJ

Banned
grounds good? wires tight?
Besides cleaning the transmission ground connection and the starter wires, also check the safety starter switch located at the top of the clutch pedal. If all of the latter are fine, then check the ignition switch.

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a couple crappy starters in a row last summer from advance auto parts for a GM car my lady drives. wouldnt suprise me if the starter isnt just a pos. but yea, check wires and ignition switch.

A-TownCivic

5+ Year Member
I figured I got a junk starter. I know it happens with remanufatured parts. It's just frustrating. All wires are good with clean connections. I'll taking it apart an replaced in a lil bit guys thanks.