Starter change tips for a 2000 ex automatic.

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
Well, little brothers starter took a dump on his civic. Got any tips on changing it? From what I understand its 2-14mm bolts and a 12mm. Doesn't sound like rocket science but I am a jeep guy so Civics are new territory for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its easy, just unbolt the 2 14mm bolts and disconnect the female ground connector and the starter power cable. save that nut!!!!!!

then drop in the new starter and bolt it up and connect the wires.

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
its easy, just unbolt the 2 14mm bolts and disconnect the female ground connector and the starter power cable. save that nut!!!!!!

then drop in the new starter and bolt it up and connect the wires.

Awesome. I am hoping we can get it to start long enough to pull it up on the ramps!:shock:

RonJ

Banned
Are you sure the starter is bad?

Finnish~Racer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awesome. I am hoping we can get it to start long enough to pull it up on the ramps!:shock:
dude leave it in neutral....get like 5 guys, and push the sucker up onto the ramps....thats what i do on occasion.

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
Are you sure the starter is bad?
Gonna check the grounds and stuff but the solenoid isn't engaging on it. You can hear it spin but it doesn't engage. Its been raining for like 4 days so tomorrow its getting changed!

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
Didn't even need ramps. i am pleasantly surprised! In and out in 30 minutes!

Finnish~Racer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
told you ;) good job bro.

hope to hear nothing but exhaust and pleased women from that car now.

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
told you ;) good job bro.

hope to hear nothing but exhaust and pleased women from that car now.
If by exhaust you mean muffler thats missing, then yeah you'll hear it! As for pleasing the ladies, you need a Jeep! :D My brother isn't into modifying anything, Thinks its a waste of money. I think he's adopted! My jeep is about halfway done and I don't want to know what I have in it so far.

Finnish~Racer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow...get that boy a breaker bar and a swift punch to the head..... the go to a car show. =)

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
wow...get that boy a breaker bar and a swift punch to the head..... the go to a car show. =)
Yeah I don't understand why he doesn't like modifying cars. He did tell me he would like to get a WRX wagon the other day. Thatta Boy. He is just out growing the civic. I bought a jeep because i carry lots of stuff, go fishing, camping, wheeling, you name it. He likes to camp too but usually we just throw our gear in the Jeep and call it a day.

Finnish~Racer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well then....sell it off on craigslist and buy a halfton....or smaller truck. =)

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
well then....sell it off on craigslist and buy a halfton....or smaller truck. =)

Yeah right. He drives 35-40 miles one way to work until he moves to greenwood. The civic is perfect for that. Still got a lot of life in it. I like hondas but i would prefer to leave one stock myself.

Finnish~Racer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hear ya. now me, on the other hand, totally pulled out EVERYTHING AC related (since it was gone when i got the car) and i started a wire tuck. hahaha