Starting From Scatch Civic Build

KRiSPY18

Hello,
My name is Kris and I'll try to make this as short as possible. I currently had a n/a build done at a local shop in the town I live. It was on a '00 Civic Dx. (plz keep in mind this was the first import build I've done) Build included:

-B18c Motor Swap
- Mugen Headers
- Meagan Drift Spec Catback
- Edlebrock Performer X Intake and Trottle Body
- AEM Cold Air
- Type R ECU "not sure which one or if I'm even right in phrasing it like that"
- Si gauges, Rota Wheels, etc...

The car was stolen a couple weeks ago while sitting in front of my home waiting on a new throttle body because of a defective one installed the first time. (butterfly was sticking to the inside of the housing). My car was found 15 hours later completely stripped of all mentioned parts. I am about to start the rebuilding process, which will probably take 2-3 years this time around. This time I want to go more in-depth with the build, and do as much as possible myself. (I do have moderate/above moderate mechanical experience and am currently a auto collision tech). So my Question Is..

****What Is The Best Motor To Turbo & What Kit Should I Use?****

Goals:
275-325 whp No Motor Mount Relocating/Fabricating & somewhat reliable.
(also keep in mind this is not my daily driver. it will be a weekend/possible showcar).

I apologize for the long message and look forward to your replies and questions.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kinda price range are you looking at?

Do you wanna keep it B series or go K series?

KRiSPY18

Price range can vary. Like I said I'm taking my time on this build. But lets just say 10-15k, all on the performance aspect. Im currently tearing it down and doing all body work and paint myself.

As far as the series of motor, probably B series. "Only based off the fact i've heard its an easier swap" ?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gsr

KRiSPY18

What about turbo? And with the amount of wHP I want to acheive what internals and bolt ons would be the most efficient. "Dont have to be Brand specific," just a general parts list. I can research from there.

I know I'll at least be looking to get pistons, injectors (what size though?), intake & trottle body, cams, and the proper ECU to back it all up. The ECU is one part Im not real familar with though. So suggestions on that would be helpful.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
A stock block GSR can eat 325whp with a nice conservative tune. Your toughest decision (well not really if you know anything about it) is going to be your choice of turbo. There are injector calculators online, but buying injectors over what you actually need is the best way to go. Find a decent set of 750s, those will be plenty for that hp goal (ask around here for anyone who has a set for sale)

KRiSPY18

Thanks for the info guys.

Last question then. ECU suggestions?

Once I have more free time I will start researching more myself, so I apologize for all the questions. Just needing a general direction to start off in. If anyone has a setup with a turbo gsr and wouldnt mind posting it that would be helpful as well.

KRiSPY18

post for xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

My reply early was rushed because I was currently at work. I just re-read ur message again; and I
****Truly apologize in advance if I'm taking this the wrong way****
but your comment "(well not really if you know anything about it)" comes off as extremely arrogant. Especially when I stated in my first post I am basically new to import builds. But like I said I apologize if I'm wrong in ur intensions for that comment. I do appreciate the advise, that I will research and take it into great consideration, but plz don't take me as some random young kid who gets on here to talk about builds and dreams that will never happen.
My expertise is in Collision/Body repair, but am very eager to learn as much as possible about import builds and the mechanical side of it.

That being said I am very good at my craft and joined this forum to learn from ppl who I know are good at theirs, so plz be respectful of me and my lack of knowledge in this field. If any member here does have questions on any attempts at a repair project involving Body Repair or even Refinishing/Painting plz feel free to ask me. I'll gladly help the best I can, and I'd gladly share pictures of a tough project I took on a while back to prove my knowledge.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
post for xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

My reply early was rushed because I was currently at work. I just re-read ur message again; and I
****Truly apologize in advance if I'm taking this the wrong way****
but your comment "(well not really if you know anything about it)" comes off as extremely arrogant. Especially when I stated in my first post I am basically new to import builds. But like I said I apologize if I'm wrong in ur intensions for that comment. I do appreciate the advise, that I will research and take it into great consideration, but plz don't take me as some random young kid who gets on here to talk about builds and dreams that will never happen.
My expertise is in Collision/Body repair, but am very eager to learn as much as possible about import builds and the mechanical side of it.

That being said I am very good at my craft and joined this forum to learn from ppl who I know are good at theirs, so plz be respectful of me and my lack of knowledge in this field. If any member here does have questions on any attempts at a repair project involving Body Repair or even Refinishing/Painting plz feel free to ask me. I'll gladly help the best I can, and I'd gladly share pictures of a tough project I took on a while back to prove my knowledge.
I wasn't trying to be arrogant, just trying to imply how easy it is to learn about picking a turbo for your goals. I guess I could of worded it better.

KRiSPY18

I appreciate you clearing that up bro. Yeah I know that's probably a question I could have figured out pretty quick, with just a little research. But my past 6 months have been stupid stressful and most ppl probably wouldn't believe all the crazy bad things that have happened to me in such a short time. haha. so I just haven't had the time or energy to research this stuff. especially after I dumped 4 years worth of my savings into the first build on this car and lost it all in just a few hours. I guess you could say starting this profile on here and talking about my next plans for a build is a way to take my mind off everything else.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what we're here for! :D