1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Starting trouble

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by Cody5527, Nov 5, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Cody5527

Cody5527 New Member

Okay so my car cranks but will not turn over. Seems to not be getting gas so I lifted the back seat to see ir the fuel pump was priming (low humming noise) and nothing. Upon doing some more online research i realized my immobilizer light (green key on dash) does not come on at all as it usually blinks twice then turns off or in the case of a bad immobilizer just will keep blinking and not allow the car to start. Has anyone had there immoblizer light not come on at all? When i turn the key to on i hear a faint clicking almost a buzz but it clicks super fast for 2 or three seconds. Any suggestions on where to start would be great i just dont want to replace the immobilizer and have to pay for reprogramming and to get keys made if its not just something else. Like i said when i turn the key to on no green key light appears at all and the car will crank but does not start.

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Car year, trim, & mods would help.

Cody5527 likes this.
  3. Cody5527

Cody5527 New Member

Oops sorry its a 2003 honda civic ex 1.7l vtech 4dr 5spd manual transmission with 142,000 miles everything is stock except for the head unit

4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Use a multimeter to check whether installed 10A hood fuse #9 has battery voltage on its two test tabs with the key in ON(II).

pic_6.jpg