Static when rear defrost is on.

ediaz809

Okay so I recently started getting static while listening the radio when I turn my rear defrost on. The static is not constant, it comes and goes as I drive, but when I turn my rear defrost off I get no static this happens on my stock radio....I recently bought a dvd/gps that looks oem and I have the same problem except with this one I cant have defrost and run my head lights at the same time because the sound just shuts off completely, dvd is still on just no sound. when I shut the head lights off and leave on defrost i get static, and if i shut off defrost no static and i can turn on my head lights and no problem with sound.

2009 Civic Ex Copue

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did it start when the new head unit was installed?

ediaz809

I didn't noticed it till i got the new unit and started testing everything on it. I didn't really started listening to the radio till just recently after getting the new unit and i just happened to turn on the defrost and noticed it.. I usually used USB or Pandora with the stock radio. and I installed the stock radio back on and I still get the static when defrost is on, only difference is that I can still hear the sound even if I turn the headlights on. but like i said with the stock radio the static is not constant it comes and goes. didnt really get to test on the new unit if it was constant also, because I took it off as soon as i noticed it shut the sound off when headlights and defrost were on to prevent from any damage.