Steering Wheel/ Clockspring

bofthe951

Okay so when I started up my 99 civic lx last October the SRS light came on. The horn, cruise control, and apparently the airbag wasn't working either. Last couple months I've been doing some research and checking out ever possibility. And when the steering wheel started rattling bad I figured out that those components are all connected to clockspring. I talked to my buddy who's a mechanic and he said its a super big pain in the ass if that's the case. So i had a question: Is there a way to fix the one I have? If not then: Where can I get one and how hard are they to install? Any other options?

Trekk

Registered VIP
No you can't fix a clock spring, its a computer ribbon if its snapped or kinked it's a goner.
A quick sum up of replacement comes down to depowering the system, removing the airbag, and then steeringwheel, swapping the part then putting it all back.

bofthe951

Well I heard something about centering the steering wheel and winding the clockspring. I've dismantled the whole thing already. Just not wanting to make a mistake.