stereo turns on but i can barely hear the music

acalvillo

i have a stock stereo in my 2006 honda civic ex
and my stereo turns on but the music is what i can barely hear
i turn the volume to the max an the music comes out. like if the volume was on low and even if i connect my phone an
i turn the volume all the way up on my phone and still no luck
please soemone help

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you mean youre having a volume issue when you connect you phone to the radio via bluetooth or via auxillary cable?

acalvillo

i put the volume to its max limit and the music still has that issue where you can bearly even hear it like you got to put your ear next to the speaker an that the only way where you will hear it
all speakers work and the radio turns on normal but the speakers have that issue where it sounds low

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have the factory premium sound system package then your system has an amplifier and thats probably what went bad.

Why did you mention your phone? Did you mean if you use bluetooth for a phone call that it still sounds low?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you have the factory premium sound system package then your system has an amplifier and thats probably what went bad.

Why did you mention your phone? Did you mean if you use bluetooth for a phone call that it still sounds low?
I think he's trying to say that regardless of audio source, the output remains the same. It does sound like an amplifier issue though.

OP, check fuse 15a under the dash.