Stock 2000 civic CD player

Mike1ch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend needs my stock head unit from my 2000 civic and after getting all the harnesses and soldering wires together the CD Player is asking for a Code so the head unit turns on.... I don't have a code.... its not in the car manual or anywhere on the head unit.... Does anyone know where i can get this code?

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You dealer.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Mike1ch
My friend needs my stock head unit from my 2000 civic and after getting all the harnesses and soldering wires together the CD Player is asking for a Code so the head unit turns on.... I don't have a code.... its not in the car manual or anywhere on the head unit.... Does anyone know where i can get this code?
The code wont be in the manual...The code is on a little card, the size of credit card that came with your manual and everything that you got when you bought your car...the card is white and its got a 6 digit, I think it 6 digits, number printed in it....If you cant find that call your dealer

Mike1ch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i got the car a few months ago and i don't have that card... i guess i'll have to call the dealer... thanks for your help

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by TripeoXxX
yeah but the dealer will charge you like $70
indeed. I remember someone on another forum posted a way to get the code on another forum but i cant rember how they did it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
check your trunk, engine back, and doorjamb for stickers that might have your radio code. if you don't have the card and can't find it, u might have to go to the dealer for that.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by anfrey
check your trunk, engine back, and doorjamb for stickers that might have your radio code. if you don't have the card and can't find it, u might have to go to the dealer for that.
Try and do a google search for it, you never know it may come up with something. Although I'm sure not a lot of people will publish it on the web because it's for security reasons.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the code is different for each radio.

infiniciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did the same thing, I went to the dealer and the service shop was closed. I asked one of the salesmen and they said I would/should be on the headunit itself.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by infiniciv
I did the same thing, I went to the dealer and the service shop was closed. I asked one of the salesmen and they said I would/should be on the headunit itself.

I dont think that it is in the headunit, its worth a try though..I think his only bet is to go to the dealer and get the code becasue every CD code is different

destro7

modelfximports.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go down there and talk to them dont call...........and make this face :(

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by anfrey
Try the glove compartment also. i think i heard its in there somewhere

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by infiniciv
this sounds like something i heard before. i am not 100% on in tho. it is certainly worth a try.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
only if you're a girl