Stone between brake fender and discs - causing squeling of 5th gens?

Anarchi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi all,

I was wandering if this is a common problem on the 92-95 models since I have never seen this problem on other cars - it happens to me once a year on average.

When I drive on a road that is being resurfaced (heaps of small stones on the surface), I can almost garrantee a stone will lodge itself between the front right Brake Disc and the metal guard/fender that shields the disc from the CV joint/sholder.

Anyone have the same problem?

It took me an hour last night to get it out - I jacked the car up and constantly had to spin the wheel in reverse while bending the guard back and forth. Is there a way to avoid this? Such as filling the gap with silicon or something?

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think there is a good way to avoid it, but it has happened to me as well... you CAN just take the guard off, but it is not recommended, but if you ever do a big brake kit most kits require you to remove or at least trim the guard.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just let the rock grind itsself to complete and disarray DEATH

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
just let the rock grind itsself to complete and disarray DEATH
happened to me cuz i tried to rally in my car one night on a dirt u-turn (so so fun btw)....and it made the loudest squeeling noise until i hit like 60 and it shot out (or grinded until it loosened up)
i thought something was broken when i heard the noise....but it was just the rock

Justyntyme

5th gen civics are it.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya same thing happened to me (94 coupe) id say you probably just gotta live with it.

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like it was said b4, just put some more space between the roor and the shield.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so would you be able to fix this by just taking off the brake pad?

cuz i think a rock just got into there