1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

STP gas+fuel system cleaner: Does this stuff work?

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by DarkCreep, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. DarkCreep

DarkCreep D16Y8+T Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Hey all, I have 2 new bottles on my desk of STP Fuel System Cleaner and STP Gas treatment. Does this stuff work???

I honestly DONT know how it got there, but it just did.

Do I drop it in my tank?

2. The Russian

The Russian Mugen Wannabe Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I say give it a go, i use one called Nitrox cuz it sounds cool lol, only used it once so far in the 2 years, cuz its not cheap lol. Look it up online or ebay, the more expensive it is the better the signs, i think?

3. Kaotic_Zeus

Kaotic_Zeus Most hated man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

no, it doesn't do s**t, now send them to me for free! :lol:

It won't hurt anything at all, and you might feel better throttle response or power whichever especially if you been runnning crap gas. Just pour it in the gas tank, and make sure you atleast have half a tank.

i throw one in every once in a while, the fuel system one. the gas treatment doesn't do s**t.

4. mattvivsound

mattvivsound New Member 5+ Year Member

I have always used the Chevron with Techthron stuff.

But I think the Gas Treatment of ment for the winter months to prevent freezing in the fuel lines...

5. EK|B

EK|B New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Probably snake oil.

6. gearbox

gearbox New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

none of those store additives work, buying gas itself with additives doesnt work (even top tier gas). not enough detergents in them to make a difference. only thing that helps is lubecontrol.com gas and oil additives. only product i would ever use in my car and have been for 3 yrs without issues.

7. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba SubGenius Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

STP advertises that they use "Jet Fuel" in their additives.

Translation? Kerosene

Kerosene has about the same octane as diesel.

Back in the day, when oil was .10 cents a barrel, farmers would wash their equipment in kerosene. It would leave a layer of parrafin on all the equipment and protect it.

Do you really want that stuff running through your injectors?

It probably won't do anything. Good, bad, or otherwise.

8. 99ExDriver

99ExDriver New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

It does not work

9. 92h22eg

92h22eg New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

the only thing i use is lucas oil upper cylinder lube/injector cleaner. put it in the gas tank everytime i change the oil.

10. DarkCreep

DarkCreep D16Y8+T Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

I was reading the back of the bottle, and they are implying the use of JetFuel. I think JetFuel is a certain brand that makes chemicals for this stuff, not ACTUAL jet fuel.