StreetGlow( Optix ) Underbody Neon Lights

d1nonlyjv43

Dat Blue Demon Beast
5+ Year Member
Befor you guys go and bust my tail about having underbody neons i know its ricy but i want it to show thanks......... Anyways heres the problem

I have them on the car and have the ground hooked under the hood and the power hooked to the battery running a wire to the inside of my car to a fuse block thing which is a wire with a fuse and then ran to a on and off switch... connected to a l.e.d light to let me know if its on.Not to mention the fuse block cam from a alarm so I don;t know if that has something to do with it not being strong or what but o well. Its a 10 amp fuse in the fuse block. Anyways everytime you hit the switch it blows the fuse. It blew 4 10 amp fuses and then I switched over to 15 amp blew all 5 of those and then switch to 20 and blew all 5 of those so i just stoped.. What could be the problem? Please help thanks

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like a short. check all your wires and connections again.

d1nonlyjv43

Dat Blue Demon Beast
5+ Year Member
how can it b a short i mean i dont see how though what are you saying something is grounding out somewhere else? i mean i got the rear lights going thrugh the back of the car underneath the pastic and out the firwall and the sides running up and along the side skirts and the wheelwell area all the wires goign to the lil blk box. it was working fine at first and then all of a sudden it just starts blowin fuses left and right now like i said it was working find when we got finished but after i back the car up and drove for a lil bit and parked the car and turned it off and hit the switch it blew fuse

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
Definately a short, your grounding out somewhere. Check your connections again, hitting bumps can cause your wires to develop cuts in them depending how you routed the wires. Also, changing your fuses to bigger ones will not change anything, if your shorting out your shorting out. The fuses are there to keep your car from catching fire in the event of a short or overload. Evidently you have a short and the fuses are doing the job there supposed to.

d1nonlyjv43

Dat Blue Demon Beast
5+ Year Member
I guess I'll go check all the wires again. Someone said something about the transformer might be f**ked up how true is that? I changed ther wires from going to the battery and routed it to the cig.. lighter fuse and then a inline fuse and then to the switch and its grounded at the bettery. Still the same thing i dont know but ill keep checking.....